The Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Steelbook?

I'm sure it was but I could be wrong
Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

bevanz19 wrote:

up all week? oh, i didnt know that, i was just going off the posts in here from the 12th that said it was up online.

To sell out between the 12th and the 13th at night when I checked, no, I wouldn't expect that. I would expect them to carry a normal alloted stock amount and to plan for some sales. This seems to be the norm though in 2017 with Steelbooks as they seem to carry 20 and have it sell out in a day.

Back in 2016, 2015, etc these steelbooks seemed to never sell out, so what are they doing differently?

You are not  wrong @Leprekonmaybe this is the same allotment they had when it was first announced in ‎06-02-2017 before ‎06-05-2017 when all products for the Guardians Vol 2 4K editions had been removed from the website. Then in ‎07-10-2017 ; when it was announced that it was back online for preorder they probably finished selling what they had alloted for preorders in ‎06-02-2017.Smiley Happy

Also @bevanz19, this is just my opinion but only thing different may be that Best Buy Canada is offering less in alloted stock and people are buying more than one for example 2-3 copies one for viewing, one as a collecton and another to insure that  they do not get a damaged copy.Smiley Very Happy 

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

A lot of them end up on e b a y too @bjmaxvin67 @Leprekon which could be a reason for the pre orders going so quick.  People think they can make money on the 'collector' steelbooks... when transformers first came online, they sold out and i saw a few postings on e b a y for twice the price.  Luckily BB added more stock after and I was able to grab a set.

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

bevanz19 wrote:

up all week? oh, i didnt know that, i was just going off the posts in here from the 12th that said it was up online.

To sell out between the 12th and the 13th at night when I checked, no, I wouldn't expect that. I would expect them to carry a normal alloted stock amount and to plan for some sales. This seems to be the norm though in 2017 with Steelbooks as they seem to carry 20 and have it sell out in a day.

Back in 2016, 2015, etc these steelbooks seemed to never sell out, so what are they doing differently?

You are not  wrong @Leprekonmaybe this is the same allotment they had when it was first announced in ‎06-02-2017 before ‎06-05-2017 when all products for the Guardians Vol 2 4K editions had been removed from the website. Then in ‎07-10-2017 ; when it was announced that it was back online for preorder they probably finished selling what they had alloted for preorders in ‎06-02-2017.Smiley Happy

Also @bevanz19, this is just my opinion but only thing different may be that Best Buy Canada is offering less in alloted stock and people are buying more than one for example 2-3 copies one for viewing, one as a collecton and another to insure that  they do not get a damaged copy.Smiley Very Happy 

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

bevanz19 wrote:

So far Canada is the only one to offer a 3D+4K SteelBook option so this title hit all the right notes for an instant sellout.

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

DoodlesMom wrote:

A lot of them end up on **competitor** too @bjmaxvin67 @Leprekon which could be a reason for the pre orders going so quick.  People think they can make money on the 'collector' steelbooks... when transformers first came online, they sold out and i saw a few postings on **competitor** for twice the price.  Luckily BB added more stock after and I was able to grab a set.

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

bevanz19 wrote:

Apparently BB doesnt like us to name **competitor** ....

Pioneer
0 Kudos

I hope this one goes back up on sale. I have been pretty diligent on checking every couple days and this one certainly wasn't up all week.
Highlighted
The Captain

i didnt think so either, but who knows.

I wish there was a notification setting you could set for when a new pre-sale goes live, somehow you're notified of it.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

I did say I could be wrong but the allotment might have been very low as it was up before for a bit and that was what was left for preorders.
Luminary

@CdnCapedCrusadr @bevanz19

There appear to be more: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-english-steelbook-only-at-best-buy...?

CdnCapedCrusadr wrote:
I hope this one goes back up on sale. I have been pretty diligent on checking every couple days and this one certainly wasn't up all week.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

23 copies available still as of 9:53AM Eastern.