Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Steelbook?

[ Edited ]

@Drum18

But isn't the steelbook loaded with all options?  I think this is the first time a steelbook has had all 3 Blu-rays in it here.

4K/3D/2D?  Being that this is the complete package, I would expect a price such as it is.

On the other hand, Wonder Woman shouldn't be that price.  No 3D.

I mean if the 4K non steelbook is $34.99 by itself, is $10.00 more for a 3D disc and a steelbook really that much?

I mean these days it's not unheard of for a steelbook to cost $8.00 itself.  So you're getting a 3D disc for $2.00 right?

Now I realize having said all that, I don't know if there are many people who want all 3 options in their steelbook together

Some want the 4K/2D and some want the 3D/2D.

Look at Alien Covenant 4K steelbook.  $39.99 and again no 3D disc..

Legendary Epic Genius

casey1985 wrote:

@Drum18

But isn't the steelbook loaded with all options?  I think this is the first time a steelbook has had all 3 Blu-rays in it here.

4K/3D/2D?  Being that this is the complete package, I would expect a price such as it is.

On the other hand, Wonder Woman shouldn't be that price.  No 3D.

I mean if the 4K non steelbook is $34.99 by itself, is $10.00 more for a 3D disc and a steelbook really that much?

I mean these days it's not unheard of for a steelbook to cost $8.00 itself.  So you're getting a 3D disc for $2.00 right?

Now I realize having said all that, I don't know if there are many people who want all 3 options in their steelbook together

Some want the 4K/2D and some want the 3D/2D.

Look at Alien Covenant 4K steelbook.  $39.99 and again no 3D disc..

Thinking it's probably sticking, but really hoping it doesn't. The 3D disc shouldn't be worth that much since the format is on its last legs.

Also, there was no 3D for Alien: Covenant because the movie wasn't released in 3D.

Highlighted
Epic Genius

pikachuforever wrote:

Also, there was no 3D for Alien: Covenant because the movie wasn't released in 3D.

@pikachuforever

But if it had been filmed in 3D and there had been a 3D disc along with the 4K disc, is it fair to say that it would have been priced higher than $39.99?

I realize the 3D disc would most likely have been packaged with the 2D steelbook, but still.

But I agree that prices like $29.99 for the 4K Ghost in the Shell are much more attractive. Smiley Happy

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

For a pricing idea I normally gauge using BB U.S.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-steelbook-digital-copy-3d-4k-ultra-hd-blu...

If the fully loaded Steelbook is priced at $35 U.S., It's safe to assume that it won't be in the $30 range in Canada, but closer to $40.

The Captain

Lets hope all these ship to everyone who pre-ordered and stores receive some copies.  I would be crushed if my Guardians 2 doesnt arrive

The Captain
0 Kudos

Me too, after the fiasco from Tuesday where I didn't get a single steel book I ordered (5 total) I'm concerned to say the least.
The Captain
0 Kudos

BBYTerence is there any way to confirm if all orders are good to go? I don't want to miss out on this movie like last week
Luminary
0 Kudos

What happened last week? I was out of town, not sure what was released and not provided..? @dVdsteve @Nadalfan

dVdsteve wrote:
Me too, after the fiasco from Tuesday where I didn't get a single steel book I ordered (5 total) I'm concerned to say the least.

The Captain
0 Kudos

Was this past tuesday, the 15th, had ordered fargo, escape from new York, the fog, they live and alien covenant 4k, none of which I got. Even tho I ordered soon after going live and there being stick as late as monday( except alien) Now apparently I'll be getting alien still, but I'm not holding my breath.
The Captain
0 Kudos

Ya ordered Alien covenant 4k Steelbook but it never came and Best buy hasn't gave us much info