The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Steelbook?

I ordered mine in the early hours on the morning it was released (my confirmation email says like 2:48 am the day they were put up online). How does my order end up being delayed? I'm going to assume based on that I was one of the first to order.... not really understanding how that works? Obviously not first come, first served.

Also I love that the email says if you paid for shipping, it will be refunded. What about compensation for this that didn't pay for shipping? My order is still delayed even though I ordered so early on to avoid missing out!
The Oracle
0 Kudos

Mine was that evening 10:37pm and I believe it was only up for a few hours prior to me ordering.
Scout
0 Kudos

i forget the date it went up, and if it was June 2 2017, then my time was 8:30pm (pst)

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Mine was also delayed. I ordered it during the window when it was first available.

Before it was taken down..

Didn't think I needed to reorder it to get it sooner.

I hope I still get it.. I did order before all the others who ordered when it was put back up..  I do have a shipping id. so I hope that means something..

EDIT: Sigh, should have known it wasn't good when the release date is 22nd august, and says arrives before Jan 2nd..  Clearly they forgot about the original orders and just filled the second run orders..  Hope they get more from the US or something, they shouldn't have sent out the new orders without filling old orders first.

Scout
0 Kudos

has anyone got charged yet that got the delay

The Oracle
0 Kudos

This is just ridiculus, I also recieved a notice that read,

August 21, 2017

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx,

Thanks for pre-ordering Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (English) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (3D Blu-ray Combo) (2017) a while back. We want to get this order into your hands as soon as we can, but due to an inventory delay the order is going to be slightly delayed. We'll ship it as soon as possible but it might not arrive on the original release date (check the Order Status page to see the latest delivery details).

We sincerely apologize for this and want you to know we're doing everything we can to get your order moving. If you paid for shipping we'll refund that charge back to your original method of payment. (We'll take care of everything, so you don't have to lift a finger.) We'll also send you another email when your order has shipped.

Thanks for shopping at Best Buy,

Sincerely,

The BestBuy.ca Team

The ironic thing is I placed two seperate orders for this steelbook to insure I do not get screwed over. The one were I am getting this notice is when we first placed the order  when it was first announced in ‎06-02-2017 before ‎06-05-2017 when all products for the Guardians Vol 2 4K editions had been removed from the website.

The steelbook order I will be recieving is the one I placed in ‎07-10-2017; when it was announced that it was back online for preorder  which really makes no sense to me. Because we were informed on 06-06-2017 12:09 PM that BBYTerence was told that pre-orders went through for the ones who already pre-ordered. They will not be cancelled; but now we are getting these notifications of delays. It really sounds like Best Buy Canada you are trying to tick what remaining movie customers off when you cannot even fulfill advanced pre-orders. Smiley Mad

The Captain

[ Edited ]

I have not been charged.

EDIT: This is quite worrysome now.  This was one of the few things I was looking forward to from best buy steelbooks..  I haven't seen the movie yet, and I do have a 4K player and tv.. and the added 3d version will work in my psvr..

So disapointed right now.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Leprekon wrote:
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME. Another DELAY. I ordered these the minute they were available and I have to wait. @BBYTerence this is getting out of control. 2 MAJOR releases in a week and both were delayed

I feel your pan @Leprekon. I'm mad too. Bot my Alien and now Guardians Steelbooks are delayed. I finally just got my Alien shipping notice tonight. A full week later than I should have. A not a single shred of compensation. I had movie dates planned to watch these with friends and now gotta postpone again. Such an inconvenience. Thanks for trying so hard to kill physical media and push digital so hard Best Buy. Smiley Sad

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I'm in the same boat as everyone, I actually received my shipping notice for the Alien 4K, followed by the delay notice for this one.

Everyone is upset, understandable, but has anyone actually considered the fact that it might not be a BB problem?

It's irrelevant when you placed your order, I always pre-order the same day that the product goes up.

We're all in the same boat, but as it stands the only issue i'm concerned about is the "WHY", an official response from BB would be appreciated.

Not responding is simply duplicating the Alien 4K situation making members vent and rant with speculation.

The one point I would like to note, new product release is Tuesday's, with shipping on Sunday or Monday for a Tuesday delivery.

Coincidentally, my Alien 4K shipped today probably because it was included with the new arrivals shipment.

Food for thought.

Highlighted
The Oracle

At least they'll refund the shipping.

Of course nobody paid for shipping for this.  It's $44.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!