Legendary Epic Genius

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Steelbook?

Danno82 wrote:
I better get my order, that's all I'm saying. A post above suggests that if they can't fill the orders within a month, they will be cancelled.

That was from a US email -- not from Canada. As someone else pointed out, I've never not received a shipment.

Like I said to everyone frustrated about Alien 4K -- wait a week, and then start really getting worried. Just feels weird that the people who ordered the second run are receiving their copies today, as opposed to those who ordered the first run.

The Captain

@BBYTerence

And this is when I stop buying steelbooks and shopping at Best Buy in general. First, 44.99 for a flick is absolutely insane. I was hoping it was just a place holder. But alas, it is not. Secondly, over the past few orders the shipping date seems to slip and slip. Third, people getting the movies who ordered them weeks after when we all preordered the night it went up. Oh, but they will cover the shipping....see point 1. Its 44.99...free shipping.

So Sad

Epic Genius

Arg... none in store... Smiley Mad
We were 20 people waiting in line since 9h45 for this...  do I have to tell you that the store manager had a really bad store opening! 

People were going crazy about this as it's the Canada wide EXCLUSIVE 3D combo.  How to drop the ball BBY Smiley Frustrated

casey1985 wrote:

@Drum18

I was kind of hoping you would still go to the store.  I'm curious to see if you will get them there.

Good luck!  I'm looking forward to your photos! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Luminary

i miss Future Shop Smiley Sad

Luminary
0 Kudos

Picture2.jpg

This may have been answered already, but how can a pre-order that was successfully received by bb be sold out? I have an order number for it?  Dont they count the quantity of available pre-orders they get (i.e., 500) and only pre sell that many? My status should say 'awaiting shipment' not 'out of stock'.

Havent been impressed with this store since they changed their colours from red to blue... should have kept the other brand.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

It goes by current status of the item on there site (unless it's been shipped). It was preordered before today and if the item is souls out it will automatically change to out of stock. That's what happened to my Alien Covenant.
Luminary
0 Kudos

so there's still hope? lol

Leprekon wrote:
It goes by current status of the item on there site (unless it's been shipped). It was preordered before today and if the item is souls out it will automatically change to out of stock. That's what happened to my Alien Covenant.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Didn't you get "the email" yesterday?

Image1.jpg

DoodlesMom wrote:

so there's still hope? lol

Leprekon wrote:

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Well wonderful Canada post has my Alien re-routeddue to a processing error, possible delay. I live in Keswick and it's in Barrie. Of course there will be a delay. @10:43 you think it wouldn't be when I already had my Uncharted Lost Legacy delivered @ 1053. Gotta love this. Won't be able to watch it till tomorrow I'm hoping.
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

DoodlesMom wrote:

Picture2.jpg

This may have been answered already, but how can a pre-order that was successfully received by bb be sold out? I have an order number for it?  Dont they count the quantity of available pre-orders they get (i.e., 500) and only pre sell that many? My status should say 'awaiting shipment' not 'out of stock'.

Havent been impressed with this store since they changed their colours from red to blue... should have kept the other brand.

If you pre-ordered it when it was available as a pre-order, you should be fine. Did you receive an email about the shipping delay? You might be one of the people affected by that.

But I wouldn't worry about the status right now. That usually happens for all items that are sold out before release date, and not shipped before/on release date. It will change when it gets shipped out.