The Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Steelbook?

@Drum18 last week the delay email was 2 days late and we all get this the day before. Guess someone got in trouble about that.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback. There is nothing I can personally do, so all I can respond with is with my sincere apologies for any inconvenience. There is nothing I can do to expedite anything, but the relevant people are aware of the dissatisfaction you have all expressed.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter, complaint, or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary
0 Kudos

Drum18 wrote:

Didn't you get "the email" yesterday?

Image1.jpg

DoodlesMom wrote:

so there's still hope? lol

Leprekon wrote:
It goes by current status of the item on there site (unless it's been shipped). It was preordered before today and if the item is souls out it will automatically change to out of stock. That's what happened to my Alien Covenant.

Yes i got one, then i checked my order page where i found it said out of stock.  So i was confused

The Captain
0 Kudos

Yup, same here.  We were waiting and went in and they said they never received any.  This is such garbage.

Drum18 wrote:

Arg... none in store... Smiley Mad
We were 20 people waiting in line since 9h45 for this...  do I have to tell you that the store manager had a really bad store opening! 

People were going crazy about this as it's the Canada wide EXCLUSIVE 3D combo.  How to drop the ball BBY Smiley Frustrated

casey1985 wrote:

@Drum18

I was kind of hoping you would still go to the store.  I'm curious to see if you will get them there.

Good luck!  I'm looking forward to your photos! Smiley Happy

Epic Genius

Would it be possible to cut down on the same rhetoric?

It won't show up in stores because it's "Online Only" as stated in the item description:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-english-steelbook-only-at-best-buy...?

If people lined up in store to get a copy, then they obviously assumed incorrectly no matter when the in-store only status was added. Doesn't matter any way, stores hardly get stock these days to begin with.

Yes, the free shipping comment is ironic considering it's priced above $35.00, but those are canned messages sent out by CS, they simply do their job with the tools provided.

@BBYTerence stated he would forward our dissatisfaction to the appropriate people, we got BB's attention, Thank You.

I understand that everyone is upset, personally, as long as I get a copy next week or earlier, similar to the Alien 4K I'm OK with that, at least I get a copy.

CS does not get involved with this forum, so if you really want to have a say in your dissatisfaction, then please contact CS directly, that will get their attention.

It's definitely something BB needs to address, but I don't know about everyone else, I already read all the same complaints last week with the Alien 4K, so this feels more like groundhog day than anything else. Smiley Wink

The Oracle
0 Kudos

@Drum18

I'm sorry to hear that they didn't have them in stock.  I was pulling for you.

I thought maybe they would have copies with the bilingual packaging for you. Smiley Surprised

The Captain
0 Kudos

I remember with the Futureshop days one of the steelbook purchasers was always posting in the forums
Legendary Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

I get that a lot of people are disappointed, but really, things like this happen all the time in every industry.

What might have started out as a delayed or lost shipment of SteelBooks to Best Buy Canada has turned into the wrath of 100 SteelBook collectors who aren't getting their SteelBooks on release day.

While I can appreciate the annoyance this causes everyone, nothing has been cancelled so far and so far it looks like we may just have to wait a few more days.

I just checked at my local store and they told me that none of the stores received shipment of these SteelBooks.

What probably happened is that BB pre-sold a bunch of them online.  Then they realized that they could probably sell more online than in-store so the in-store allotment was sold online in the 2nd batch.

Not sure why, but the orders were not processed in the order in which they were received so some people who ordered later got theirs first.  I know I was one of the first ones who ordered when pre-orders opened.  It could have been regional.

Then something happened with the remainders of their shipment so there is a delay.  Things like this happen.  Another SteelBook online retailer just announced yesterday that their stock was cut because the manufacturer ordered less than what was promised to them.  So let's hope that's not what happened here!

As for price, yeah, I don't like it either but that is not a BB issue.  It's a Canada issue and I don't want to be an American so I guess I'm stuck here. Smiley Happy

As for Future Shop, yes I lament the "days of old".  I used to have good friends who worked at Future Shop and they were all very patient and helpful for the freaky "SteelBook guy" who would come around for every SteelBook.  It got to the point where they were putting titles away for me even when I didn't ask them to.  I had a pretty unique relationship with them too because management there was very big on feedback.  With every SteelBook purchase, I would fill out the feedback form and thank the individuals who helped me by name!  I had pretty much the whole staff at this store offering to help me so that they could get excellent feedback.  I became known as the feedback guy.

But what can you do?  I also lament the days when I could buy comic books for 25-cents but those days aren't coming back either. Smiley Happy

I don't know about the rest of you but I have a huge backlog of movies to watch so a few days for me won't make any difference really.

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

So here's a question.

Do digital codes from USA releases work in Canada for Disney releases?

If so, I'm going to order this from the States.

The Captain

Easy to say when you got your copy (or are getting your copy).  The point we were making is that this is one of the first times BB didn't carry a copy in store on the day of release.  So it's very disappointing when you try to order yours online but they're all sold out because there are some jerks out there that purchase 15 copies so they can resell them and make money off of them, and then you try and go to the store to grab a copy and they don't even have any.

Now we either have to wait to see if they make more or if we have to shell out extra money to some jackass that bought 15 copies.

No one here is blaming the admins here for this, a lot of us are just venting.  BB is just such a crappy store, but unfortunately they're the only ones who sell the steelbooks.