Luminary

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Steelbook?

Does Best Buy fulfil their orders in a last-come first-serve basis? Because a friend of mine just said he received his Steelbook, and he ordered it really late, after it had been taken down and when it was put back up.

I on the other hand was one of the first orders in before it was taken off the site, and am still waiting for my Steel to even be charged, let alone ship. 

So wondering why Best Buy thinks this is the best practice for fulfilling orders. Seems like backwards to everything I've been taught but hey, what can I do other than complain on these forums? Smiley Indifferent 

Blah blah blah. Guess I just hate being treated unfairly is all. Line up first and wait the longest only to be dealt the short straw... lol Cool.

Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

SonicBoom wrote:

As for price, yeah, I don't like it either but that is not a BB issue.  It's a Canada issue and I don't want to be an American so I guess I'm stuck here. Smiley Happy

The price isn't any different than the U.S.  The Canadian price is $44.99

Their price is $34.99.  After conversion to Canadian that would be $43.95.

Only a difference of $1.04.

Epic Genius

DarthHiggy wrote:

The point we were making is that this is one of the first times BB didn't carry a copy in store on the day of release. 

Unfortunately there have been past titles that haven't been available in stores.  It happens including major titles.

Deadpool was a major disappointment for buyers when it wasn't carried in stores and had sold out online before release day.

These titles weren't available in stores either. The difference with these is that they were still available for order long after release day.

Marvel's Captain America: Civil War (English) (3D Blu-ray) - (online only)

Marvel's Captain America: Civil War (Bilingual) (3D Blu-ray) - (online only)

Ghostbusters (2016) 4K Pop Art SteelBook (online only)

Now You See Me (Online only)

Now You See Me 2 (Online only)

Like Charlton Heston said at the beginning of Armageddon:

I"t's happened before.  It will happen again"

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I agree about the jerk buying 15 copies. He is an obvious scalper. Lowest form of human greed there is.

Highlighted
The Oracle

I only buying extra copies in case I get damaged steelbook but the rest will be returned to store
Luminary
0 Kudos

Leprekon wrote:
I only buying extra copies in case I get damaged steelbook but the rest will be returned to store

@Leprekon the majority of us on this forum;  do the same thing. I will purchase 2 copies to ensure I don't get a damaged steelbook but the rest will be returned to store.  I have no problem with that individual who buys 1-2 maybe even 3 if they are keeping them or even giving them as a gift. But those scalpers who are lurking on this forum buying up numerous copies make it very hard for us collectors; but the question what can be done to stop this from happening.Smiley Sad

The Oracle
0 Kudos

I think I'm gonna call in tonight and complain about this delay. I'm only doing this because I preordered it the minute it was available and I was staying up waiting for it to actually be live. And people that got the second batch get there's first
Pioneer

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

This is just ridiculus, I also recieved a notice that read,

August 21, 2017

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx,

Thanks for pre-ordering Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (English) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (3D Blu-ray Combo) (2017) a while back. We want to get this order into your hands as soon as we can, but due to an inventory delay the order is going to be slightly delayed. We'll ship it as soon as possible but it might not arrive on the original release date (check the Order Status page to see the latest delivery details).

We sincerely apologize for this and want you to know we're doing everything we can to get your order moving. If you paid for shipping we'll refund that charge back to your original method of payment. (We'll take care of everything, so you don't have to lift a finger.) We'll also send you another email when your order has shipped.

Thanks for shopping at Best Buy,

Sincerely,

The BestBuy.ca Team

The ironic thing is I placed two seperate orders for this steelbook to insure I do not get screwed over. The one were I am getting this notice is when we first placed the order  when it was first announced in ‎06-02-2017 before ‎06-05-2017 when all products for the Guardians Vol 2 4K editions had been removed from the website.

The steelbook order I will be recieving is the one I placed in ‎07-10-2017; when it was announced that it was back online for preorder  which really makes no sense to me. Because we were informed on 06-06-2017 12:09 PM that BBYTerence was told that pre-orders went through for the ones who already pre-ordered. They will not be cancelled; but now we are getting these notifications of delays. It really sounds like Best Buy Canada you are trying to tick what remaining movie customers off when you cannot even fulfill advanced pre-orders. Smiley Mad

It seems like that's what has happened, yeah.  Initially I placed my order for 2 copies when the steelbook first went up.  Then it was taken offline, but we were assured existing pre-orders would be held.  However, a part of my was still suspicious and when it reappered for pre-order the second time I cancelled my first order and placed a new one (again for two copies).

I received my shipping notice yesterday, and it was waiting for me when I got home this afternoon (in an actual box, no less... not those cheapo cardboard envelopes that are sometimes used).

Personally, I think Best Buy has a lot of work to do when it comes to redeeming themselves to movie fans.  The degree to which they've de-emphasized physical media in their stores is absolutely terrible, and as a result I rarely even step foot in a a Best Buy anymore.  While physical media sales may be decling overall, it's still an industry that sees millions of dollars in sales a week.  That isn't something Best Buy should be turning its nose up at.  WIth the size of most stores, it really wouldn't be much of a sacrifice to dedicate a little more floor space to having an actual, honest to god movie section with a respectable selection fo catalog releases as well as new releases.  The floor space in the vast majority of renovated Best Buys I've been in has been inefficiently used to a woeful degree.  If that's the future of the chain, I don't foresee it lasting in the long term.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

ghostmind wrote:

So here's a question.

Do digital codes from USA releases work in Canada for Disney releases?

If so, I'm going to order this from the States.

No, sadly US codes do not work in Canada and vice-versa. Smiley Frustrated

The Captain
0 Kudos

casey1985 wrote:

DarthHiggy wrote:

The point we were making is that this is one of the first times BB didn't carry a copy in store on the day of release. 

Unfortunately there have been past titles that haven't been available in stores.  It happens including major titles.

Deadpool was a major disappointment for buyers when it wasn't carried in stores and had sold out online before release day.

These titles weren't available in stores either. The difference with these is that they were still available for order long after release day.

Marvel's Captain America: Civil War (English) (3D Blu-ray) - (online only)

Marvel's Captain America: Civil War (Bilingual) (3D Blu-ray) - (online only)

Ghostbusters (2016) 4K Pop Art SteelBook (online only)

Now You See Me (Online only)

Now You See Me 2 (Online only)

Like Charlton Heston said at the beginning of Armageddon:

I"t's happened before.  It will happen again"

My BB has 15+ copies of Civil War on the shelf.