Pioneer
0 Kudos

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Steelbook?

Finally had a chance to open my box with the GOTGv2 steelbooks. It came in a box with air pillows, but I'm glad I bought 3 since 2 of them had spine slashes.

When are the warehouse folks going to learn to be careful opening steelbook boxes up.

20170827_171419

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

That is pretty nasty!  I haven't seen spine slashes that bad in a long time.  I guess I'm lucky.

Scout
0 Kudos

I am quite confused, and BestBuy does not have an easy to use "Contact Us" form, so I am hoping the community can help me. I live in Canada, so I am unable to order the GotG 2 Steelbook, as it is out of stock. I get the feeling it will never be "in Stock" from what I have seen in the Review comments, and this thread. 

The part I don't understand is that the USA site was also out of stock on release week. Now, I could order one on the USA site, but Best Buy Canada is still out of stock. Has anyone heard if that is ever going to be fulfilled? I can not go to the USA or have anyone pick it up for me, and I refuse to hit the 3rd party market and support their extortion system. 

Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius

DavidPassmore wrote:

I am quite confused, and BestBuy does not have an easy to use "Contact Us" form, so I am hoping the community can help me. I live in Canada, so I am unable to order the GotG 2 Steelbook, as it is out of stock. I get the feeling it will never be "in Stock" from what I have seen in the Review comments, and this thread. 

The part I don't understand is that the USA site was also out of stock on release week. Now, I could order one on the USA site, but Best Buy Canada is still out of stock. Has anyone heard if that is ever going to be fulfilled? I can not go to the USA or have anyone pick it up for me, and I refuse to hit the 3rd party market and support their extortion system. 

There are more people in the US, and Best Buy US has more stock pure and simple.

As it was made an Online Only pre-order in Canada, I imagine they filled all the pre-orders and then did not buy any additional stock. You can keep an eye on it as some stock may show up (based on people returning extra copies), but I do not imagine you will have much luck unfortunately Smiley Sad

Legendary Epic Genius

DavidPassmore wrote:

Welcome to the forum, I'll try to make it easy for you:

Pre-orders depleted all online stock in both the U.S. & Canada, there was plenty of time to pre-order, but as always some never learn to order early.

As for online replenishment for both the U.S. and Canada, 99.9% sure they won't have any more stock, very few times has this happened, and if by any chance any small quantity is added, it sells out within minutes.

Keep an eye out for stock in the stores in your area, even though a little bit late in the game, some might appear from online orders being returned. Word of caution, quite a few returns are made due to some type of damage, but others might be excess from people ordering 2 or 3 copies in order to guarantee a perfect copy.

In the U.S. they had in store sales, and right now that's the only option available, the same caution as above applies regarding returns.

Hope this helps.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

DavidPassmore wrote:

The part I don't understand is that the USA site was also out of stock on release week. Now, I could order one on the USA site, but Best Buy Canada is still out of stock. 

You are correct.

Currently there are copies of the Blu-ray/DVD steelbook available online at Best Buy USA.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@DavidPassmore @casey1985

OK, I was under the impression that we were looking at the 4K/3D, not the standard BD/DVD.

BB Canada only carried the 4K/3D, so to enquire here about a product that was not offered is kind of strange, but maybe I misunderstood.

The standard edition is normally available way longer with any exclusives South of the border, everybody is looking for the 4K/3D.

Because BB Canada is inconsistent with the edition of their releases (4K or BD/DVD) I normally order the 4K as soon as it appears on the U.S. site, it's the first to go "Out of Stock" pretty quickly. I can always cancel later if need be.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Like many of you, I pre-ordered my copy of this steelbook the first day of it's announcent (June 2, I think). I still haven't recieved it to this day. However, it's supposedly shipped and set to arrive tommorow on the 29th. Today I recieved a shipping notice for the Lion King Steelbook. Wondering if Lion King shows up first....

The Oracle

@Jacques1400

I'm not sure which version was being referred to.  I just noticed that the standard steelbook was available so I mentioned it in case that is what was meant.

Scout
0 Kudos

I was speaking specifically of the 4K/3D Steelbook, which is indeed in stock at bestbuy.com and available for in store pick up. I was surprised that Pre-orders in Canada were being delayed, while store shelves in the USA were stocked. 

I have an outside chance that someone in Texas will obtain me a copy, but my likely scenario is buying a 3D only disc on **competitor** from a Canadian Scalper. Lesson learned : If the 3D is in an exclusive bundle, pre-order immediately!! haha