The Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Steelbook?

Drum18 wrote:
At BBY USA, it's different as they have 2 editions.
-4K combo
-3D combo

So... what about us in Canada?

@Drum18 the ones listed that say Only At Bestbuy Ones a steelbook (which looks like the same as us) there's a 3D which includes the digital copy, 4k bluray/bluray.  The other says Bluray/DVD only at bestbuy so seems like either they are getting a 4k/3D/2D like us and they get the 2D/DVD steelbook too

The Oracle
0 Kudos

BBYTerence wrote:

DoodlesMom wrote:

I think this has been answered already, but @BBYTerence if we got the pre-order before the link was taken down earlier, we'll still receive it?  Just confirming that i dont have to reorder.  Thanks!

I was told that the orders that were placed before the link was taken down are valid and good. I'm pretty certain that you do NOT need to re-order, however, to err on the side of caution, I would suggest you contact customer service to confirm your order status and explain your concerns due to the link being taken down previously. They can access your order info to give you a confirmation about your specific order.

The link is the exact same link that is with my order I placed so you shouldn't have problems. They did the same with I believe Beauty & The Beast with no issues. 

Epic Genius

IMG_2313.JPG

@Leprekon

so we should be good...  let's just hope for 200% that the BD is the movie itself and not just some extras.  

The Oracle
0 Kudos

What version is that @Drum? And I agree to be 200% sure. The 3D disc just seem to be a waste imo but that's just me.
Luminary

Drum18 wrote:

IMG_2313.JPG

@Leprekon

so we should be good...  let's just hope for 200% that the BD is the movie itself and not just some extras.  

Thank You @Drum18@Leprekon@BBYTerence@pikachuforever and anybody else who I neglected to mention but  helped to clarify what this steelbook will contain. Smiley Happy Well it looks like it will include everything 4K, Blu-ray 3-D, Blu-ray and Digital for downloading the movie; according to this photo. I also like the steelbook which like most Marvel steelbooks have something to do with an element in the movie which is button bomb using the stolen batteries. Smiley Very Happy

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@Leprekon
This is the USA edition but my best guess would be that we will get the exact same as per @BBYTerence mentionned earlier
The Oracle
0 Kudos

Oh that's the Steelbook @Drum18. I thought it was some other version
Luminary
0 Kudos

Ok thanks!

BBYTerence wrote:

DoodlesMom wrote:

I think this has been answered already, but @BBYTerence if we got the pre-order before the link was taken down earlier, we'll still receive it?  Just confirming that i dont have to reorder.  Thanks!

I was told that the orders that were placed before the link was taken down are valid and good. I'm pretty certain that you do NOT need to re-order, however, to err on the side of caution, I would suggest you contact customer service to confirm your order status and explain your concerns due to the link being taken down previously. They can access your order info to give you a confirmation about your specific order.

The Captain
0 Kudos

The steelbook preorder is online on us BBY site now. BluRay, DVD, Digital Copy  is all that is currently listed for the steelbook. There is a 3D 4K and 3D BluRay but no 3D Steelbook or 4K. 

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

bcdub wrote:

The steelbook preorder is online on us BBY site now. BluRay, DVD, Digital Copy  is all that is currently listed for the steelbook. There is a 3D 4K and 3D BluRay but no 3D Steelbook or 4K. 

@bcdub,  this link is stating that it is from marvel.com; but from what I can see it give details of the different format and the various USA stores that will carry each particular format. But for Best Buy US GOTG Vol 2 steelbook it seems that it will be released in two versions one will only have the Bluray, DVD and Digital disc combo and the other which Canada seems to be recieving will carry the 4K, 3D, Bluray and Digital Disc combo. The best thing out of this that while even though they are introducing 4K discs Disney is not disregarding Bluray. Smiley Very Happy     

http://marvel.com/movies/movie/221/guardians_of_the_galaxy_vol_2