Highlighted
The Oracle

Kingsman: The Golden Circle (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray Combo) (2017)

Luminary

Re: Kingsman: The Golden Circle (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray Combo) (2017)

Yeah, a new price point? AGAIN? I pre ordered the Thor 4K Steelbook thinking it was just a mistake they left out the "3D" part of it, but now it's looking like it's not a mistake. Kingsman is not a 3D title and it's the same price! Smiley Sad

Yikes indeed.

Epic Genius

Re: Kingsman: The Golden Circle (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray Combo) (2017)

Simply horrible for the asking price... Smiley Mad

Luminary

Drum18 wrote:

Simply horrible for the asking price... Smiley Mad

At this point, it seems more like Greed. Wanting to see how much we'll pay for exclusives. 

Then if nobody buys it or they sell a lot less than usual, they'll stop making them all together and cite the "nobody was buying them" excuse. 

The Captain

Am I the only one that thinks this cover looks horrible? LOL

I really liked this movie but I have to admit this cover is making me quite hesitant to purchase it. Smiley Sad

Legendary Epic Genius

Well...I guess we now have confirmation that the going rate for a 4K Steelbook is going to be about $12 more than the regular version. I guess that's worth it if the cover is actually good?

Starting to think I'm going to be priced out of the steelbook collecting game faster than I had hoped...

The Oracle

The "Yikes" part in my post was referring to the the art lol.

Awful.  Just like Wonder Woman, Spider-Man Homecoming, Baby Driver and many others, I will not be purchasing this version of the steelbook for this movie.

No more so called "creative art" steelbook covers.  But if they do keep using this kind of art, well then keep pricing them at $44.99.  It makes it so much easier to skip.

Luminary
0 Kudos

What a disappointment...especially at that price!
I’ll be buying elsewhere I think.
The Oracle
0 Kudos

Like others I find the artwork for Kingsman: The Golden Circle to be awful it of would of been better if they used the theatrical release poster; but I preordered it because I liked the movie. I am not happy with lack of a better work "pop art" for some of these new steelbook releases; are they trying to compete with the art of the Mondo Steelbooks. As for pricing as I stated before that is always be a determining factor and now that keep using this kind of art, as well them keeping them at $44.99; I will have to be more selective about my purchases. Smiley Happy

Legendary Epic Genius

This is pretty high.  I'm not crazy about the art, but I'm even less crazy about the price.

I may end up ordering overseas for this because they have a 2D SteelBook for only $28 CDN -- a far cry from the $45 that BB is asking for.

Would BB Canada carry a 2D non-4K version of the SteelBook?