Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Logan blu ray and steelbook

Opened my Logan Steelbook the other day that was seemingly in perfect condition and after closer inspection and underneath the J-card there is a spine slash present. Very dissapointed...

How are we to inspect these Steelbooks if the J-card is wrapped around the spine? Impossible unless opened....now impossible to return.

It does confirm at least that Best Buy is not really to blame for this (at the store level)......unless Best Buy themselves is installing the j-card and shrink wrapping them.

I'll be posting a pic later.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Wol-shiver wrote:
I find it disgusting how many of these are online for 60$.

Best buy needs to start limiting purchases.

What is our past time has become a Haven for scalper like behavior and it disgusts me.

Shame on all these people, but Shame on me for missing the pre-order before they sold out.

It is disgusting indeed. Don't buy from them....ever!

Especially disgusting if they're damaged!

I remember seeing the Harry Potter collection on Steelbook selling for upwards of $500 online.....I highly doubt anyone bought it though.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

How do you get a spine slash under the J-card?

Was the J-card damaged?  Does the J-card wrap around the spine?  

I don't own BB's LOGAN (don't like the art) so I have not seen this myself, but J-cards do not usually cover the spine and if they do and are not damaged, them something else is damaging them before the J-card is put on.

Luminary
0 Kudos

SonicBoom wrote:

How do you get a spine slash under the J-card?

Was the J-card damaged?  Does the J-card wrap around the spine?  

I don't own BB's LOGAN (don't like the art) so I have not seen this myself, but J-cards do not usually cover the spine and if they do and are not damaged, them something else is damaging them before the J-card is put on.

@SonicBoom

I'm assuming the spine slashes are most definetly coming from the source pre j-card installation.

J-card was not damaged at all. Yes J-card wraps over spine. I'll post some pics later today. Unless someone beats me to it.

Highlighted
The Captain
0 Kudos

A lot of my steelbooks from best buy have a slash or scratch right in the middle of the spine. I hate it. But more often then not the have a scratch so I've given up trying to get perfect ones. As long as case isn't smashed I'm okay. A lot of these aren't exchangable because they are sold out. Hope they fix this spine slashing though.