The Captain

Movie Buyers

Would it possible to get one of the movie buyers for BB to post in here to answer questions from the forum regarding Steelbook movies.  Like stuff why Canada might get a regular steelbook release and the US counterpart gets a 4k release sometimes. It would be really nice if they can post and we provide feedback. I know we had that when Futureshop was still around

Epic Genius

Re: Movie Buyers

Awesome idea, but the FS days are long gone.

I'm not even sure that BB has dedicated buyers for movies at this point, very slim pickins'

The Oracle

[ Edited ]

blazintrini wrote:

Would it possible to get one of the movie buyers for BB to post in here to answer questions from the forum regarding Steelbook movies.  Like stuff why Canada might get a regular steelbook release and the US counterpart gets a 4k release sometimes. It would be really nice if they can post and we provide feedback. I know we had that when Futureshop was still around

Sadly @blazintrini I would not hold your breath on that happening as it has been stated by our Community Manager, the only ones who can answer these questions are the media team and someone else from that side of the business and we cannot expect them to log on to participate on the forum regarding these inquiries and we cannot force them to do that either to answer these question. Yes, Future Shop did "set the bar high" for customer service; such as providing feedback from the movie buyers. But as @Jacques1400 stated in the previous comment it is an awesome idea, but the Future Shop days are long gone and we are not even sure that Best Buy Canada has dedicated buyers for movies at this point which is very sad indeed. The new thing that is now that is being post by our Community Manager is a message stating: 

"FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. With the exception of announcements that I'm instructed to post, the majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed."

So essentially we are pretty much on our own when it comes to questions such as yours.  Ironically anyone who has been on and/or seen a Best Buy USA Movies and TV Shows forum pages has noticed that the moderator is also a steelbook collector. I wish we had something simular it would really makes things easier when it come to complants about steelbooks to have someone who is a collector and understands what we are talking about.Smiley Happy

To sum things up it seems like we will never get a explanation as to questios such as yours and many others.Smiley Sad  

Legendary Hero of the Universe

"FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. With the exception of announcements that I'm instructed to post, the majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed."

This has always been the case, its just now been added to the signiture so he doesn't have to constantly type it out

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius

Yes, these forums have always been peer-to-peer.  I think even in the old Future Shop days, it was the same.  In fact, BBYLaura was on both.

Back in the Future Shop forum, if I remember correctly, the Movie guy who was posting about SteelBooks was doing it on his own free time.  He wasn't paid to update the forums on movies.  So it was an unexpected bonus.  I don't think BB or FS had dedicated movie forum people -- just fans.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

blazintrini wrote:

Hi @blazintrini I know I mentioned this in another post and forgot to mention this in my last reply but awhile back there was a Discussion thread posted by one of the Community Managers called "When it comes to shopping for movies & TV shows, what do you want to buy?" https://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Movies-TV-Shows/When-it-comes-to-shopping-for-movies-amp-TV-shows-what...  When this specific thread  was started it was for the best intentions of learning about our preferences when it comes to shopping for physical media of films and TV shows.Smiley Happy

They stated the movies team would like to know what type of content we would like to see more of so they could forward this thread to the movies team for them to carefully read through so they can get some verbatim feedback. But understandably they cannot promise what actions they take in the future, but the Community Manager knew they would like to read what everyone thinks. that it be great to have feedback for the movies team to read about.

Also this thread was actually their suggestion and as you can see since that time Best Buy Canada stores are undergoing renovations to a complete makeover, and the movie section has been condensed to about 10% of what it used to be. So I am assuming this is the conclusion the movie team got out the feedback we gave them. Smiley Happy

Legendary Epic Genius

I wouldn't assume too much between this forum topic and the redesign of all of their Canadian stores.

The truth is the landscape and industry has changed.  Bringing back Future Shop or the handful of us making suggestions to carry more SteelBooks is not enough to turn the Best Buy ship.

For major changes to the industry, video streaming would have to die, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.