Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius

Online Resellers (Best Buy MarketPlace)

There's been some confusion lately in respect to products in Movies offered by Best Buy and Resellers (Best Buy Marketplace).

Here is a search on Steelbooks:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/Search/SearchResults.aspx?type=product&page=1&sortBy=date&sortDir=desc&...

The results will always default to the "Best Buy and MarketPlace" tab:

untitled.JPG

All major retailers are now following this trend due to the success of the highly successful formula which makes the owner of the Online retailer the richest man in the world.

The products offered by the "MarketPlace" resellers have no affiliation with Best Buy, they simply pay a certain fee and percentage on the item is sold. In other words, it's a digital classified add.

untitled1.JPG

In short, unless you wish to purchase items from resellers, commenting on the prices is irrelevant since the goods are not offered by Best Buy, and you should expect the same as purchasing from the auction website in respect to cost and shipping charges, in addition to the same problems which plague the products.

For Best Buy products only, simply click the Best Buy Only tab, problem solved!

untitled12.JPG

Legendary Oracle

Re: Online Resellers (Best Buy MarketPlace)

Thank You @Jacques1400 this information is very helpful.Smiley Happy

Legendary Oracle

@Jacques1400

I chose not to put this on the regular Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread because this is a 3rd party seller and not sold through Best Buy directly.  Well I hope this is not going to be trend for steelbook sales at BBY Canada in the New Year 2018; but here is more steelbooks from the third party Best Buy Marketplace. I can only guess this is what we can expect the steelbook sales at Best Buy Canada in 2018 to be like; very sad to have resellers taking over and BB itself is cutting back. Smiley Sad 

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/movies-tv-shows/20404.aspx?type=product&NVID=departments%3BVid...

Legendary Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

All online retailers are doing it, even the Blue store is getting into this.

Cheap way of making money unfortunately.

So far all the offerings (2 resellers) are imports from overseas, so buyers beware.

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Jacques1400 wrote:

All online retailers are doing it, even the Blue storeis getting into this.

Cheap way of making money unfortunately.

So far all the offerings (2 resellers) are imports from overseas, so buyers beware.

My suggestion for anyone that is really interested is to investigate Glamazon and the "Z" site for product information. Such as if they are region free and other relevent steelbook content information and from what I have read they are region free. But, this is just me while I like Disney steelbooks I do not like buying from a third party when for what ever reason BBY Canada could of offered these Disney steelbooks themselves. Smiley Frustrated