Reply
The Captain
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎03-30-2015

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales steelbook

That sucks no 4k version. Makes it so much more appealing with 4K steelbook releases

Luminary
Posts: 74
Registered: ‎05-23-2016
0 Kudos

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales steelbook

Hey @BBYTerence any chance you can check for us if a 4K Steelbook will become available at all? The US Best Buy has both versions for pre order, so just holding out hope that we get the 4K one up here as well! Hopefully you can persuade the movie buying team we Canadians deserve it just as much as our American counterparts! lol Thanks!

Community Manager
Posts: 1,356
Registered: ‎06-20-2016
0 Kudos

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales steelbook

[ Edited ]

goofysuperman wrote:

Hey @BBYTerence any chance you can check for us if a 4K Steelbook will become available at all? The US Best Buy has both versions for pre order, so just holding out hope that we get the 4K one up here as well! Hopefully you can persuade the movie buying team we Canadians deserve it just as much as our American counterparts! lol Thanks!


 

I'm told that Best Buy Canada will NOT be getting a 4K steelbook for this. Smiley Sad

 

 

 



FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. With the exception of announcements that I'm instructed to post, the majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.



BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary
Posts: 74
Registered: ‎05-23-2016
0 Kudos

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales steelbook


BBYTerence wrote:

goofysuperman wrote:

Hey @BBYTerence any chance you can check for us if a 4K Steelbook will become available at all? The US Best Buy has both versions for pre order, so just holding out hope that we get the 4K one up here as well! Hopefully you can persuade the movie buying team we Canadians deserve it just as much as our American counterparts! lol Thanks!


 

I'm told that Best Buy Canada will NOT be getting a 4K steelbook for this. Smiley Sad

 

 

 


Okay thanks for trying!

Luminary
Posts: 107
Registered: ‎08-25-2015
0 Kudos

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales steelbook

grrrr.. this is so frustrating.  So strange how some releases (Alien, Kong, Ghost in the Shell, etc) we get steelbooks for the 4K edition.  But then a huge movie like Pirates of the Caribbean comes along, and us 4K owners get shafted.

Legendary Epic Genius
Posts: 351
Registered: ‎09-02-2015
0 Kudos

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales steelbook


Neonridr wrote:

grrrr.. this is so frustrating.  So strange how some releases (Alien, Kong, Ghost in the Shell, etc) we get steelbooks for the 4K edition.  But then a huge movie like Pirates of the Caribbean comes along, and us 4K owners get shafted.


Pirates flopped pretty badly in comparison to the first four films. Far from "huge", but frustrating nonetheless.

Highlighted
Epic Genius
Posts: 218
Registered: ‎05-29-2015
0 Kudos

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales steelbook

@Neonridr

 

It's Disney, Canada just recently started getting Steelbooks from them, and we're still only getting the Lenticular's on others.

Why no 4K? Probably because the US is Disney world (pun intended) and the sale of Disney products in Canada is disappointing. Definitely not a blockbuster.

 

Same happened with Doctor Strange & Moana, the US got a 3D Steelbook and we did not, we actually got left out entirely with Moana.

Agreed Marvel is different, but still Disney.

Epic Genius
Posts: 424
Registered: ‎04-19-2016
0 Kudos

Re: ONLINE ONLY!!!! Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales steelbook -

[ Edited ]

 


Drum18 wrote:

 

Also, if this has the whole title, I can see this selling many copies as in Europe, it's Salazar's Revenge.... completist will prefer the "original" name!


Perhaps that's why it's sold out for now and another Disney "Online Only" release.

 

But hopefully without 4K or 3D there won't be as much of an uproar when this comes back into stock and sells out again.  

After all, the release date is still over a month away.

Luminary
Posts: 402
Registered: ‎06-17-2016
0 Kudos

Re: ONLINE ONLY!!!! Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales steelbook -


casey1985 wrote:

 


Drum18 wrote:

 

Also, if this has the whole title, I can see this selling many copies as in Europe, it's Salazar's Revenge.... completist will prefer the "original" name!


Perhaps that's why it's sold out for now and another Disney "Online Only" release.

 

But hopefully without 4K or 3D there won't be as much of an uproar when this comes back into stock and sells out again.  

After all, the release date is still over a month away.


This is just my opinion and worth the paper it is written on so to speak. But I guess "Online Only" is better than nothing when it comes to purchasing any Disney Steelbook. Both Best Buy Canada and USA have missed out on Disney Steelbooks from both their Animated and Live Action films; it is good to get anything at this point.  Actually when was the last time Best Buy USA and Canada recieved any movies based on their animated movies after Future Shop had their 12 months of Disney Steelbooks? Aside from the UK, Best Buy in both countries did not receive movies like the live action Cinderella, Frozen, Zootopia and Big Hero 6 ( which was at least carried by a American store with a red "Bulls Eye").  While we did miss 3-D and 2-DMoana and the 3-D Dr. Strange at least we are getting something; I just hope it continues and maybe recieve some that we have missed and were being offered in Europe. Smiley Happy   

Legendary Epic Genius
Posts: 708
Registered: ‎01-13-2012

Re: ONLINE ONLY!!!! Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales steelbook -

I am fine with online only, myself.

 

As for Disney, they had a falling out with Scanavo regarding SteelBooks after the 12 Days event.

 

Then they moved to Viva Metalboxes for titles like BAMBI, THE INCREDIBLES, TOY STORY 1, 2, 3, JOHN CARTER, BRAVE, FINDING NEMO, CINDERELLA, CARS 2, THE MUPPETS and I think THE AVENGERS.

 

After Viva stopped production, it was awhile before we saw Disney and SteelBook again.