The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: Quality of Steelbooks - Spine Slashes, damages, etc...

Yikes, thats awful, your right could have been worse.  I'm sorry to see yours got so damaged. 

The Oracle
0 Kudos

I got one like that but it was from evilbay seller if The Holy Grail and was in bubble evenlope. Got my money back and they don't ship in boxes lol
The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

i was quite suprised since they shipped it in a box (shipping box didn't seem to be damaged), so it must have been damaged before it was shipped?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll reach out to bestbuy and see what they can do

Community Manager
0 Kudos

momotastical wrote:

Consider yourself lucky, mine came bent with a damaged corner.  I don't even know what to do, whether to return it or keep it since its sold out at all local stores now Smiley Sad

IMG_2908.JPGIMG_2907.JPG

I'm sorry to learn about the damage to your steelbook.

You should definitely get in touch with customer service regarding the damage to your order. If you have not already, and you prefer that they reach out to you instead of calling them yourself, feel free to send me a private message with your order info and the email you use for your Best Buy account. I can forward that along so someone from customer service can get in touch with you.

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Highlighted
The Captain
0 Kudos

Thanks @BBYTerence I had contacted customer service over the weekend. 

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Still issue with spine slashes. See my post here

The Captain
0 Kudos

The spine slash bandits have done it again. Their dirty tricks are getting old. Canada Post just delivered The Lion King with a King-size claw mark on the "O". Why do we pay premiums for SteelBooks? Is it unreasonable to expect them to be in mint condition? It's unacceptable. I'll just have to add this sorry looking thing to my growing spine slashed collection including Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

The Captain
0 Kudos

My slash spine on Lion King was right on the I
The Captain

Someone should contact the warehouse about this on opening boxes as it causes people to order more then 1 copy and hope they don't get anything damaged and as a result other people could end up missing out on a release. Also since these are limited some of us who can order only 1 copy  and deal with the hassle of returning the damaged can't just get theirs replaced as the item will be sold out

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

You gotta get in that first group. Smiley Happy