The Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story steelbook

pikachuforever wrote:

Anyone else having trouble closing the case? My top latch doesn't seem to click shut properly like other steels (and it doesn't appear to be broken). Little irritating, but not something I'll need to return it for.

Hey @pikachuforever,

Are you referring to when after you first open then when close the steelbook you do not get that satifsying locking sound from the latches. Yes I also have that issue but I can live with it; I had this same problem with the Warcraft steelbook, one of the Harry Potter steelbooks from the collecter set and Suicide Squad steelbook. (I returned that one and there was tthe same problem with the replacement).

I hope this helps you. 

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about @bjmaxvin67. Just wasn't sure if it was more widespread.

The Oracle

If you call and talk to the riflght person they will get you to make a order and discount it free for you for the funk pop.
The Oracle
0 Kudos

Leprekon wrote:
If you call and talk to the riflght person they will get you to make a order and discount it free for you for the funk pop.

Thank You for that advice @Leprekon; I appreciate that but for the most part I am satified with this steelbook. It locks which is the most important thing and there does not seem to be anything wrong with the steelbook case (no spinal slashes or dents) and the disc seems alright when I was watching the movie. 

The Oracle
0 Kudos

This lock thing that people are talking about, is it that it doesn't close properly?
The Captain
0 Kudos

I went to the store pretty early, and there was none. I even looked online, and it said "reserve in store" but it was taking forever and I live 3 minutes away from best buy so I thought screw it I'll just drive, and there was none on the shelves.

For those of you that ordered two copies, and want to sell me yours, private message me and ill buy it off your hands so you don't have to return it.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Leprekon wrote:
This lock thing that people are talking about, is it that it doesn't close properly?

Hey @Leprekon,

This lock thing that @pikachuforever and I were talking about is when you first open then when close the steelbook you do not get that satifsying clicking sound from the latches when you close a steelbook. As stated before it doesn't appear to be broken but that lack of the sound latch just makes it ( seem to me) that it is not clicked shut properly like other steelbooks.

For my part I guess I just am more secure that the steelbook is closed when I hear that sound of the steelbook snapping shut. Smiley LOL 

Luminary
0 Kudos

@SonicBoom is it actually the only way to get it in 3D? That's seriously dumb if it is, knowing this is a limited item.
The Oracle
0 Kudos

I have a extra copy @bevanz19 if still looking for a copy. I'm in York region (Ontario) if your close to there
Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

Pretty sorry to read all the sad stories about you guys not being able to get this.  Truly Smiley Sad

But I've wanted to give a KUDOS to my local store (Best Buy #978) for

a) fixing the price difference

b) exchanging my open copy as the previous one had a hugge scratch in the back

c) giving me a free Funko pop as per the online offer

and ALL this without any hassle, any questionnary, any "let-me-go-see-my-manager", ALL handled like a pro!!! 

<<<< TRULY satisfied customer here!

Img_9780.jpg

@BBYTerence