Legendary Epic Genius

Shout Factory Steelbooks -- Escape from NY, The Fog, They Live, Fargo

[ Edited ]
Highlighted
The Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: Shout Factory Steelbooks -- Escape from NY, The Fog, They Live, Fargo

Thank You @pikachuforever for posting this notice that these steelbooks of John Carpenter's movies are up for preorder.Smiley LOL I would of totally missed out on these without your notice; I did not see them this morning and I kind of wrote these off figuring BBY Canada would not get them. Thank You again @pikachuforever and nice job Best Buy. Smiley Very Happy  

Luminary
0 Kudos

So I ordered all 4 of these movies......recieved 3 of them. 1 of them shows 'out of stock' on my receipt.

Called in to customer service and I was told that it's been back ordered. I asked why that wasn't stated on my receipt then? They didn't know. I was also told when stock is available it will be shipped. My question is: Why bother take a pre-order if you can't fullfull it Best Buy? Very unhappy...

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@Marcus05

Considering those releases were not exclusives, I don't get it either.

They call them "Limited Edition", but I really don't consider a run of 10,000 copies a limited release.

Regardless, the only thing that comes to mind is they are imports, it takes longer to get them back in stock.

They probably ran out due to exchanges, I had to go through 3 copies of Fargo to get a good one, black is the worst for showing damage. 

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

From what I have seen from different Canadian sites, it seems the only thing left is Escape From New York and that's been the case for a while now. (I haven't checked Shout)

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Actually I saw ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK on the shelves in another Canadian retailer when I went to get school supplies.

My local BB also had all four of the SteelBooks on the shelves.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Yes, Escape From New York is the only 1 of the 4 they carried for some reason.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

They were all listed except one, which I don't recall at the online competitor.

I had them in my wish list, then they disapeared.

Fargo is still available right now.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

SonicBoom wrote:

My local BB also had all four of the SteelBooks on the shelves.

A lot of things with Best Buy seems odd these days.

For those 4 titles as well as some other titles, the website doesn't give any indication as to whether they are even available in stores.

Just the message "sold out online".  Are we coming to the point now that if we want to know if a store in our area has a title in stock, that we actually have to call the store now?  No more reserve and pick-up even long after release day?

Is this the next step in removing all physical blu-rays from stores?  No more indication on the website if there is store stock because soon they won't be carrying store stock?

Or is the next step to just delete the phone numbers? So that we actually have to make the trip to the store now to see if there is a copy there?

A new ploy to get us into the store?

The only way to get me back in the store is to allow me to know that something I want is actually there in the store by checking first online and reserving it ahead of time.  Period!

Or rather Exclamation mark!

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

casey1985 wrote:

Yes, Escape From New York is the only 1 of the 4 they carried for some reason.

I should clarify -- I saw ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK and FARGO at the competitor in-store.

I saw all four at the Best Buy location.  However, this was one of the locations which hasn't yet undergone the new renovation to include the Google store.

Another BB location which has undergone the renovation did not have any of the SteelBooks there.  They have reduced the movie section to one aisle with a small turnstile rack for new releases.

So I guess whether or not you have them in your store depends on what your store is stocking nowadays.