Highlighted
The Captain

Re: Spider-Man: Homecoming Steelbook

Still haven't received mine.  Just says Order in Progress for my online orders.  Haven't received any email from BestBuy.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Well got mine and the one copy I opened was perfect now to return my extras lol
Luminary
0 Kudos

Estimated arrival date of October 24th, but at least it’s on the way!
Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@dragon66_61

The out of stock is to prevent future orders, if you already pre-ordered in August, same as me BTW, then it should get shipped out at some point. I just received the shipping notice, so keep an eye out on your Email. Smiley Wink

The Captain

Wow Best Buy just randomly cancelled my order for this great service so glad I ordered this in JULY

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@Nadalfan

I would suggest contacting Customer Service to find out the reason for the cancellation, I've never had anything cancelled without an Email offering an explanation, or a code for a credit amount to be used on my next purchase because of the inconvenience.

I agree, it's a disappointment, but it's usually not arbitrary.

The Captain

Got an email saying it was cancelled and gave me a $5 Gift Card (whoot?). The thing that really doesn't make sense is that I had ordered this in July for myself. Then a friend who is a huge Spiderman fan wanted one so I was able to make another pre-order in October for my friend.  The one I ordered in October shipped while the one in July got cancelled. What happened to first come first served? Literally 0 sense

Epic Genius

@Nadalfan

The pre-order system is flawed, I always place my order the day it's available, yet my order only shipped yesterday, so I agree.

The only conclusion I can make is that they oversold, or the expected quantities were short for some reason.

It's happened to me a couple of times, but it's not simply BB, every major retailer in both the US and Canada have done the same thing at some point, leaving me scrambling to find a copy from alternate sources.

The Canadian online retailer simply tells you "Too bad, So sad, have a good day". They even cancelled a few of my orders stating unavailability from all suppliers, then magically a week later had stock at a way higher price than my original order, and not from resellers either. Oblivious to my complaints to boot.

The Oracle

[ Edited ]
Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Same boat as many others here. Preordered in July, nothing has shipped yet. 

Called BB Customer Service, was told to "call back tomorrow for updates".