Highlighted
kaw Luminary
Luminary

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Steelbook)

Pre-Orders for Star Wars: The Last Jedi 4K Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook are now live!

English - Bilingual

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Steelbook)

Thanks, Ordered my 1+ backups 👍
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Thank you for the notice @kawSmiley Very Happy Everybody please get your orders in now before it disappears like other Disney titles Thor: Ragnorak and Coco. Smiley Happy

Legendary Epic Genius

And ordered too.... geez... I miss the good old days with the good old pricing... Smiley Sad

IMG_1988.jpg

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Drum18 wrote:

And ordered too.... geez... I miss the good old days with the good old pricing... Smiley Sad

IMG_1988.jpg

You and me both brother.

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Drum18 wrote:

@Drum18 I think it is safe to say we all miss the good old days; the sticker on the Iron Man steelbook pretty much sums it up with the "More Music, More Video, Less Price". Smiley Sad Oh well I guess we have to work with the resources we have available for us. Smiley Happy   

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Well, don't forget that this is the 4K version.  I'm sure the 2D Blu-ray will be cheaper.

Also that IRON MAN price was from 2008 or 2009.  That's nearly 10 years ago, and a lot more people were buying Blu-rays and DVDs than they are now.

Not to say that I like the higher price.  I've got my order in, but disappointed that it doesn't include 3D.  I wonder if we will get a 3D release in North America.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I'm not so sure about 3D, retailers were clearing out the 3D stocks during Black Friday week.

I'm not only talking about old titles either, popular ones like Wonder Woman were down to $19.99 and lower.

Some of the less popular titles, as in King Arthur were down to $12.99, and older ones like Suicide Squad were at $10.99 and up.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I had already paid full price for those!

3D still seems to be popular in the theatres though.

Legendary Epic Genius

SonicBoom wrote:

Unfortunately, I had already paid full price for those!

3D still seems to be popular in the theatres though.

They actually estimated that 70% of Last Jedi's box office came from 2D grosses this weekend, so I would consider this evidence that audiences are actively seeking out non-3D options. I know I saw it in 3D on Thursday night -- but only because I was forced to if I wanted to see it in IMAX. Which is really annoying, especially since the head of IMAX had promised they wouldn't do 3D movies anymore due to audience feedback.

That said, there's literally nothing that stands out about the 3D conversion. It was clearly done to increase revenue on Disney's end, so it shouldn't be a big loss if we don't get a 3D disc with the steelbook.