Luminary
0 Kudos

Transformers: The Last Knight Steelbook

[ Edited ]

It looks like Best Buy in the USA will carry two different Transformers: The Last Knight Steelbook one with the 4K& Bluray Disc and another steelbook with the regular Bluray & DVD Discs; I wonder which of the two steelbooks Best Buy Canada will recieve. Smiley Very Happy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=Transformers+the+Last+Knight+Steelbook&_dyncharset=UTF...

The Oracle

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Steelbook

I hope it's 4K as I have no use for DVDs and I don't have a 4K player yet so I rather have 4K/Bluray
Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Leprekon wrote:
I hope it's 4K as I have no use for DVDs and I don't have a 4K player yet so I rather have 4K/Bluray

I feel the same way; while I have no interest in purchasing a 4K TV or player at this time it does not mean I will not in the future (do you have to have to have a 4K TV to use a 4K player). This is just my opinion but would I rather have the 4K/Bluray steelbook combo; it is much easier than trying to purchase it the 4K version later.Smiley Happy

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Sorry accidently posted the same comment. Smiley Embarassed

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hey, everyone.

I've been told that for now, there will NOT be any plans for a Transformers: The Last Knight steelbook to be available at Best Buy Canada. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Smiley Sad If plans change, I will make an announcement.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. With the exception of announcements that I'm instructed to post, the majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Oracle

That is a really bad move as it doesn't make sense for this movie not to when we see all these other movies getting steelbooks that shouldn't be @BBYTerence.
Luminary

[ Edited ]

Thank You @BBYTerence for the notice you may want to also place this update on the Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread.  Really did not see that coming and that makes absolutely no sense at all; Best Buy Canada releases all four of those new Transformers steelbooks and they do not release the new Transformers: The Last Knight here on steelbook. Well I guess Best Buy USA will get my business. Smiley Frustrated

Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

Gotta admit, this makes 0 sense to me... 

- First, there are going to be not 1, but 2 steels from BBY USA,
- Second, there as been a FS exclusive for TF #4 and for #2 (one of my first SteelBook movie EVER!!!!) and also the recent re-release of 1-4 in all individuals steelbook case...
- Third, even if I'm no fan at all of those TF movies, they make a s****** of $$$, and pretty sure the product buyers should have decided to take some sort of store exclusive.. not just a 4K package right???

Oh well... just for the sake of continuing the TF movie SteelBook family, seems like I'll have to look elsewhere...  if there's any change @BBYTerence, count me in for 1 copy and please let us know ASAP!

Epic Genius

Whatever the reasons are, at least we were given enough notice to make alternate plans. I wish it would have been the same with "Logan", I lost out on the 4K.

The only saving grace is that they love to re-release "Transformers", for those not fortunate enough to be able to import a copy, it will probably show up at some point anyway. Smiley Wink

Legendary Epic Genius

That is true.  TRANSFORMERS is the movie series that keeps on giving -- like STAR WARS.

If we don't get a SteelBook now, I'm sure it will come around in a few years.

I'm ordering mine with 3D though! Smiley Happy