Legendary Epic Genius

Re: UHD / Blu-Ray / DVD Department Downsizing

Jacques1400 wrote:

The First Pillar "Maximize the Multichannel retail business" is of importance here, which in layman terms means the emphasis will be to improve and bring the same high quality of service throughout, no matter how you shop at BB.

In short, the experience you have in store should be equal to shopping online, by phone, and whatever new innovations are implemented, which includes goods and services.

This is the part I'm intrigued about, and am hoping they really put into action.

The Captain
0 Kudos

I appreciate the response. However, I find that its a bit presumptious. My "Lilliputian" $100 a month on movies is not all I spend at your store. The movies get me to come in regularly, which in turn spurs other purchases at your stores. Want a chromecast, Best Buy! HDMI cables? ipad? TV? BB WAS my go to store, because I enjoyed the overall experience of browsing the games and movies in ADDITION to my primary/larger purchases as well. I literally now have almost no reason to walk into a BB store on a regular basis; your online "major competitor" is in an entirely other league when it comes to e-commerce; I'd say learn from them, adapt what makes sense, but play to your own advantages as well... don't ape a watered down model of what they do; you won't win.

I'm not an idiot, I get that the physical movie section size will have to shrink, but the sheer amount of the reduction was quite drastic.

I've taken many of your surveys and I've found that although it seems BB is trying to listen to its customers, that perhaps open feedback like this may be of use as well. The questions on your online surveys may not paint the entire picture; I've found them to be leading and framed in a way as to bias the overall response.

But whatever, I'm just some peon who spends my cute little $100/month... what do I know?

Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your honest feedback.

Since this is a peer-to-peer forum, customer service does not monitor or participate on the forum, so posting on here does not put you directly in touch with Best Buy Canada customer service, but the community team on the forum definitely appreciates your feedback. We can't personally put into action any change to future plans, and we cannot promise any action being taken,  but I always share these types of forum posts to the relevant people involved so they can be aware of these types of discussions. It is definitely important that they be made aware of what customers are thinking and saying.

Whether your feedback is positive or negative, your honesty is appreciated. Thanks again.

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain
0 Kudos

Or course. Thanks for listening. 

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@HamudMirza

I'm positive the comments meant no offense, it's difficult at times to express or convey in a way that can be clearly understood by all in writing.

The way I read it, being somewhat familiar with retail, is that a brick and mortar store's performance is based on the expected sales divided by the square footage in a given period, namely "Sales per Square Feet" performance.

So without minimizing your purchase per month on movies, if everybody across Canada would equal your spending per month, things might be reversed.

But reality is different, so overall your spending habit even though valued by BB, once compared on a nationwide scale is a different story.

That's the way I read the comment.

The Captain

[ Edited ]

Thanks. I do "get it." I work with retail analytics to an extent. Something to consider beyond ROI on individual/compartmentalized categories' square footage is the corellation/impact on adjacent categories... my entire point. This reduction affects the overall BB experience for customers like myself, not just the media category.

Retailocalypse is in full swing. I'm a big online shopper, but also value the instore experience. I buy on "competitor" every week and have delivered to my office. I own a Casper bed, etc... I'm interested to see where things go. I hope for the best, but not counting on it. 

Again, thank you. No offense taken.

Pioneer

After the way Best Buy handled the closing of Future Shop, I really little desire to shop there. Combine that with the fact that they barely have any movies now, I really have no reason to shop there. If they have any good prices online, **competitor** will usually match it anyway. They're the ones who are going to get my business and they will still be in business for years to come. Best Buy on the other hand... I will be surprised if they are still around in 2020. The last time I went in there, I never saw anybody and I was harassed endlessly by the staff who were clearly excited to see a customer. Their restructuring is pointless as they are taking away things people want and bringing in things that can be bought cheaper elsewhere (and with more knowledgeable service). It's kind of like how **competitor** started to dedicate lots of floor space to overpriced shirts and mugs that nobody would buy (once again, that market was well covered elsewhere)... and we all know what happened to our dearly departed **competitor**.
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Oh and I should add, the competitor that Best Buy blocked out is that website that starts with an A ;-)
Pioneer
0 Kudos

And the dearly departed store is the one that starts with H. Lol!
Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@TM2-Megatron

We all share your pain, and your comments are welcome since they are identical to the various ones posted through this forum over the years.

The problem is this:

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. With the exception of announcements that I'm instructed to post, the majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

In other words, if you wish to get BB's attention, you will need to address this using their Social Media accounts or through direct communications with their headquarters. Apart from members like yourself, nobody in a position of authority or management will ever read this.