Reply
Epic Genius
Posts: 475
Registered: ‎04-19-2016

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]

Well Best Buy there you go.  So a wide range of people have now authorized you to charge more for Steelbooks.

 

They asked for higher prices.  Give them the higher prices.

 

They want 4K Steelbooks and they say they will pay the higher prices.

 

They want the 3D steelbooks and they say they will pay higher prices.

 

Give them the Steelbooks they want at the higher prices they say they are willing to pay.  Music to your ears.  

How can they complain now?

 

Only thing left to see is whether the "masses" actually add up tp more than 5 people willing to pay the price.  

If not, then death to Steelbooks and physical movies for sale at Best Buy Canada forever.

 

I mean there is probably more profit in the sale of luggage sets anyway, right?

 

Sorry @pikachuforever

 

I was typing this up before your post appeared.  I realize you are not with the group mentioned above.

 

Luminary
Posts: 79
Registered: ‎05-23-2016

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread

I agree @pikachuforever, I had all the Marvel 3D Steelbooks in my collection, and wanted to continue, but with the rising prices and lack of availability it's becoming darn near impossible to keep this up. I still collect movies, but more and more I find myself opting for the cheaper option over the more expensive package. 
I just upgraded my home theatre to 3D and 4K, and I'm waiting for decent sales to come in order for me to buy more product. 

 

If they can't offer what we want then I would just rather have the physical media at least in any form. Do away with the collector's sets all together then why don't they. Now with news that the music store may be closing very soon, our choices for physical media in Canada is becoming less and less all the time. I'm not a streamer, but I'm also not the masses either. 

Legendary Epic Genius
Posts: 375
Registered: ‎09-02-2015
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread


goofysuperman wrote:

I agree @pikachuforever, I had all the Marvel 3D Steelbooks in my collection, and wanted to continue, but with the rising prices and lack of availability it's becoming darn near impossible to keep this up. I still collect movies, but more and more I find myself opting for the cheaper option over the more expensive package. 
I just upgraded my home theatre to 3D and 4K, and I'm waiting for decent sales to come in order for me to buy more product. 

 

If they can't offer what we want then I would just rather have the physical media at least in any form. Do away with the collector's sets all together then why don't they. Now with news that the music store may be closing very soon, our choices for physical media in Canada is becoming less and less all the time. I'm not a streamer, but I'm also not the masses either. 


I'm waiting to upgrade to 4K because it's just not feasible for me right now. But glad I'm not crazy for saying it's becoming so expensive. But then, that's what a niche market is for right?

The Oracle
Posts: 494
Registered: ‎06-17-2016
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]

goofysuperman wrote:

Now with news that the music store may be closing very soon, our choices for physical media in Canada is becoming less and less all the time. I'm not a streamer, but I'm also not the masses either. 


After reading your quote I looked it up and found this news to be heart breaking.that the three letter retailer that sell blurays and music is struggling in Canada going into receivership and closing stores must cease operations by April 30.. The ironic thing about it was I went there today to inquire about getting some Mobilesuit Gundam titles and the young lady said that were not able to take any orders but did not specify why.  Sadly I would rather have the physical media at least in any form and yes sadly in Canada it is becoming less and less all the time. Smiley Sad

 

 

Epic Genius
Posts: 270
Registered: ‎05-29-2015
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread

Glad that I ordered my copy of the Jack Reacher Steelbook from BB US.

The Oracle
Posts: 494
Registered: ‎06-17-2016
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]

Hey@BBYTerence 

 

I was wondering has there been any word if the Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them  steelbook has a release date for 3-28-2017 in Canada like in the Best Buy USA. 

 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/fantastic-beasts-steelbook-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-digital-copy-only--best-b...

Community Manager
Posts: 1,434
Registered: ‎06-20-2016
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread

Hey, @bjmaxvin67.

 

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was not on the February 2017 list I was given. Right now, it's TBD. I'll ask for confirmation and let everyone know.

 

 



Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.



FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.



BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Highlighted
Luminary
Posts: 163
Registered: ‎10-23-2015

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]

casey1985 wrote:

Well Best Buy there you go.  So a wide range of people have now authorized you to charge more for Steelbooks.

 

They asked for higher prices.  Give them the higher prices.

 

They want 4K Steelbooks and they say they will pay the higher prices.

 

They want the 3D steelbooks and they say they will pay higher prices.

 

Give them the Steelbooks they want at the higher prices they say they are willing to pay.  Music to your ears.  

How can they complain now?

 

Only thing left to see is whether the "masses" actually add up tp more than 5 people willing to pay the price.  

If not, then death to Steelbooks and physical movies for sale at Best Buy Canada forever.

 

I mean there is probably more profit in the sale of luggage sets anyway, right?

 

Sorry @pikachuforever

 

I was typing this up before your post appeared.  I realize you are not with the group mentioned above.

 


Well maybe put this into perspective then.... @casey1985

The Dark Knight was released on Steelbook nearly 10 years ago for $32.99. No 3D. No 4K.

 

http://accesswinnipeg.com/2008/11/futureshop-getting-exclusive-dark-knight-blu-ray-steelbook/

 

Ghostbuster Steelbook came with 4K + 3D + Standard Blu-ray + Digital HD for $7 more. Seems like a fair price to me. Maybe if this was a better title there would be less complaining. If this was Star Wars: Rogue One, it would probably sell out in a heart beat.

 

Prices haven't changed all that much really.....(in my opinion of course)

 

Legendary Epic Genius
Posts: 375
Registered: ‎09-02-2015
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread


Marcus05 wrote:

casey1985 wrote:

Well Best Buy there you go.  So a wide range of people have now authorized you to charge more for Steelbooks.

 

They asked for higher prices.  Give them the higher prices.

 

They want 4K Steelbooks and they say they will pay the higher prices.

 

They want the 3D steelbooks and they say they will pay higher prices.

 

Give them the Steelbooks they want at the higher prices they say they are willing to pay.  Music to your ears.  

How can they complain now?

 

Only thing left to see is whether the "masses" actually add up tp more than 5 people willing to pay the price.  

If not, then death to Steelbooks and physical movies for sale at Best Buy Canada forever.

 

I mean there is probably more profit in the sale of luggage sets anyway, right?

 

Sorry @pikachuforever

 

I was typing this up before your post appeared.  I realize you are not with the group mentioned above.

 


Well maybe put this into perspective then.... @casey1985

The Dark Knight was released on Steelbook nearly 10 years ago for $32.99. No 3D. No 4K.

 

http://accesswinnipeg.com/2008/11/futureshop-getting-exclusive-dark-knight-blu-ray-steelbook/

 

Ghostbuster Steelbook came with 4K + 3D + Standard Blu-ray + Digital HD for $7 more. Seems like a fair price to me. Maybe if this was a better title there would be less complaining. If this was Star Wars: Rogue One, it would probably sell out in a heart beat.

 

Prices haven't changed all that much really.....(in my opinion of course)

 


It may have been $32.99 before release date, but was $29.99 or under on day of release.

The $32.99 and up phenomenon happened after the first Avengers was released, and got especially bad last year.

Luminary
Posts: 163
Registered: ‎10-23-2015
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread


pikachuforever wrote:

Marcus05 wrote:

casey1985 wrote:

Well Best Buy there you go.  So a wide range of people have now authorized you to charge more for Steelbooks.

 

They asked for higher prices.  Give them the higher prices.

 

They want 4K Steelbooks and they say they will pay the higher prices.

 

They want the 3D steelbooks and they say they will pay higher prices.

 

Give them the Steelbooks they want at the higher prices they say they are willing to pay.  Music to your ears.  

How can they complain now?

 

Only thing left to see is whether the "masses" actually add up tp more than 5 people willing to pay the price.  

If not, then death to Steelbooks and physical movies for sale at Best Buy Canada forever.

 

I mean there is probably more profit in the sale of luggage sets anyway, right?

 

Sorry @pikachuforever

 

I was typing this up before your post appeared.  I realize you are not with the group mentioned above.

 


Well maybe put this into perspective then.... @casey1985

The Dark Knight was released on Steelbook nearly 10 years ago for $32.99. No 3D. No 4K.

 

http://accesswinnipeg.com/2008/11/futureshop-getting-exclusive-dark-knight-blu-ray-steelbook/

 

Ghostbuster Steelbook came with 4K + 3D + Standard Blu-ray + Digital HD for $7 more. Seems like a fair price to me. Maybe if this was a better title there would be less complaining. If this was Star Wars: Rogue One, it would probably sell out in a heart beat.

 

Prices haven't changed all that much really.....(in my opinion of course)

 


It may have been $32.99 before release date, but was $29.99 or under on day of release.

The $32.99 and up phenomenon happened after the first Avengers was released, and got especially bad last year.


If you played your cards right you can generally get them for cheaper. eventually..

 

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-bilingual-ultimate-edition-ste...

 

The higher priced steelbooks have been on sale at one point or another....I got the Jason Bourne 4K Steelbook for $23 a while back.

 

Can't blame BBY Canada to try to make a buck here and there.