0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

8/22 is the release date 

Luminary
0 Kudos

mysteron_x wrote:
Are they rereleasing marvel steelbooks?

That would be nice @mysteron_x rereleases for  Marvel Studios steelbooks and Disney's Lucasfilm Ltd (Star Wars franchise). Smiley Happy I also hope since they seem to be getting into 4K now that they also rerelease more of steelbooks of Walt Disney Pictures which includes Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios and Walt Disney Studios the main producer of live-action feature films are also released under this brand. Smiley Very Happy 

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

TomBergeron wrote:

8/22 is the release date 

According to Wikipedia on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 @TomBergeron they state it is scheduled to be released on Blu-ray, Ultra HD Blu-ray and DVD by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment on August 22, 2017. Also, the Ultra HD Blu-ray version will be the first Disney home media release in 4K resolution; but like most thing plans do change and we will not actually get a release date for this film until it is announced Friday July 14 at the D23 Fan Expo in Anaheim, California. Smiley Happy

https://d23.com/marvel-ous-experiences-coming-to-d23-expo/

Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

So... if I'm reading this ad correctly, pre-orders should start July 11th... and release for August 22nd Smiley Wink

Luminary
0 Kudos

Drum18 wrote:

So... if I'm reading this ad correctly, pre-orders should start July 11th... and release for August 22nd Smiley Wink

Very Nice @Drum18!!!Smiley Very Happy It may just be me but I cannot see if these are for the steelbooks and are these  the steelbook contents. Smiley LOL

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Very Nice @Drum18!!!Smiley Very Happy It may just be me but I cannot see if these are for the steelbooks and are these  the steelbook contents. Smiley LOL

That's the ad that would be in a marketing or trade magazine Best Buy corporate and other companies would get in order to make orders for product -- so those would be the covers of the non-steelbook versions.

Also of note -- no 3D for either copy. But looks like Disney is officially in the 4K game.

Community Manager

In case anyone is interested, there are some older Mondo steelbooks that are marked down in price.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/Search/SearchResults.aspx?type=product&page=1&sortBy=relevance&sortDir=d...

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. With the exception of announcements that I'm instructed to post, the majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Highlighted
Epic Genius

@BBYTerence

With Spider-Man: Homecoming looking to break Box Office during the week-end with its 93% on Rotten Tomatoes, could we expect a nice SteelBook from Sony??? 

And... with a freaking title on the spine & cover!!!
:cough: White House Down, Smurfs, After Earth, Ghostbusters 1+2 :cough