Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

Drum18 wrote:

@BBYTerence

With Spider-Man: Homecoming looking to break Box Office during the week-end with its 93% on Rotten Tomatoes, could we expect a nice SteelBook from Sony??? 

I totally forgot @Drum18 that when you stated with Spider-Man: Homecoming we would expect a nice SteelBook from Sony and not Disney. Smiley Very Happy Spider-Man: Homecoming as a result of the agreement between Sony and Disney is the first MCU film since Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) not to be distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.Smiley Happy

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yup, my whole point exactly.  All recent MCU movies (from MCU Phase 2 except Iron Man 3) were from Disney directly and we got some great and some "okish" steels (greatly missing the Wow factor = Gloss finish).  What made our editions special were the title present on both Front & Spine... but it changed recently... not for the best IMO... Smiley Mad

Future Shop / Best Buy Canada MCU SteelBooks Exclusive:

The Avengers (September 25th, 2012) [Viva Metal Box]
Thor: The Dark World (February 25th 2014)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (September 9th 2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy (December 9th 2014) [No title on spine]
Avengers: Age of Ultron [Ultron Edition] (October 2nd, 2015)
Avengers: Age of Ultron [Vision Edition] (October 2nd, 2015)
Ant-Man (December 8th, 2015)
Captain America: Civil War (September 13th, 2016)
Doctor Strange (February 28th, 2017) [No title on spine]
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (TBA, 2017)

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

I totally forgot @Drum18 that when you stated with Spider-Man: Homecoming we would expect a nice SteelBook from Sony and not Disney. Smiley Very Happy Spider-Man: Homecoming as a result of the agreement between Sony and Disney is the first MCU film since Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) not to be distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.Smiley Happy

Legendary Epic Genius

There was no title on the spine for Guardians 1. Oh the horror and anger felt after that debacle...

Luminary

Price for the LIFE 4K Steelbook has dropped to $29.99 Smiley Happy

The Oracle
0 Kudos

goofysuperman wrote:

Price for the LIFE 4K Steelbook has dropped to $29.99 Smiley Happy

Thank so now for a price adjustment!

Luminary

[ Edited ]

Drum18 wrote:

Yup, my whole point exactly.  All recent MCU movies (from MCU Phase 2 except Iron Man 3) were from Disney directly and we got some great and some "okish" steels (greatly missing the Wow factor = Gloss finish).  What made our editions special were the title present on both Front & Spine... but it changed recently... not for the best IMO... Smiley Mad

Future Shop / Best Buy Canada MCU SteelBooks Exclusive:

The Avengers (September 25th, 2012) [Viva Metal Box]
Thor: The Dark World (February 25th 2014)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (September 9th 2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy (December 9th 2014)
Avengers: Age of Ultron [Ultron Edition] (October 2nd, 2015)
Avengers: Age of Ultron [Vision Edition] (October 2nd, 2015)
Ant-Man (December 8th, 2015)
Captain America: Civil War (September 13th, 2016)
Doctor Strange (February 28th, 2017) [No title on spine]
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (TBA, 2017)

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Out of that list the only one I am sadly missing is the The Avengers (September 25th, 2012) [Viva Metal Box].

This is just my opinion @Drum18 but I enjoyed the Viva Metal Box more than the steelbooks that are being offered now by Disney (they even had the titles on the spine). Smiley Very Happy 

Hear is the patent if anyone is interested in reading this https://www.scribd.com/document/85682389/Glud-Marstrand-A-S-v-Viva-Magnetics-Ltd-Hong-Kong-et-al .

But from what I understand, a judge ruled that Viva’s products are too close to Steelbook’s patents, and has ordered them to cease production and distribution of their metal cases in the United States.  They scored contracts with Disney for discs like Brave, Cars2, Finding Nemo and Avengers, which were exclusively available at Best Buy and Future Shop in the US and Canada were some of the nicest metak boxes I have seen and own. That being said It do you think  it changed recently not for the best because Disney had to find someone else to create steelbooks after Viva had to stop producing steelbooks for them. Smiley Happy

The last few steelbooks from Disney like Star Wars Rogue One seemed to be in my opinion very flimsy and not as sturdy as some Vivas Metal Boxes like Brave, Cars2, Finding Nemo (I know they created more but that is all I own).Smiley Happy

The Captain
0 Kudos

Any word on any steelbooks like the Universal monsters, or Westworld season 1?
Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Epic Genius

Now that it's been officially announced from BBY USA, can we know for BBY Canada?  Smiley Tongue @BBYTerence

Drum18 wrote:

@BBYTerence

With Spider-Man: Homecoming looking to break Box Office during the week-end with its 93% on Rotten Tomatoes, could we expect a nice SteelBook from Sony??? 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/spider-man-homecoming-digital-copy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-steelbook...

Spider-Man_HC_BB.jpg

Highlighted
Luminary

Drum18 wrote:

Now that it's been officially announced from BBY USA, can we know for BBY Canada?  Smiley Tongue @BBYTerence

Drum18 wrote:

@BBYTerence

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/spider-man-homecoming-digital-copy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-steelbook...

Spider-Man_HC_BB.jpg

I just went to see Spider-man; Homecoming today and I thought it was a very good movie, with a good story, good humor and nice characters. This series is in good hands as it goes forward and can't wait to see next one in this series; all I can say is please Best Buy Canada get the SteelBook for this movie. Smiley Very Happy