The Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

pikachuforever wrote:

Still waiting on a Baby Driver or War for the Planet of the Apes steelbook announcement...

That is why @pikachuforever, that Atomic Blond is what I will call my on the fence wishlist. Smiley Very Happy Meaning if they do offer it as a steelbook I will really have decide if I liked it that much were I want to own it.  

But War for the Planet of the Apes steelbook is a must have for me and I am also waiting for an announcement; the question I have is Future Shop at the time was offering Dawn of the Planet of the Apes as a metal pak will they do the same for this movie. Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Steelbook available for online pre-order.

Forum thread for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales >

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@BBYTerence

You could probably head off the inevitable "hey Terence Best Buy USA is getting (insert steelbook title here) can you check and see if we will get it here in Canada too?" questions for every steelbook they release.

Perhaps you could just take some time and check out their website, list every title they have available, and let us know.

Thanks in advance.

@Drum18

Perhaps you can provide another list of all movies that are being released between now and Christmas. Smiley Wink

Community Manager

I totally fine with all the questions being posted. If you have questions, just ask.

I would make a list of future titles if that were available or if it were something I can share, but often times, that is not the case. Future titles that Best Buy Canada will carry is not something I am privy to. Whenever I am provided with a list of new titles, most of them are not steelbooks.

Just so everyone knows, instead of me always responding with an "I'll check" response, if you don't hear from me about a certain title, it's not that your post was ignored, but it's because (1) no one has gotten back to me, (2) there really is nothing confirmed so I can't say yes or no to something until someone tells me it's a yes or a no, or (3) Best Buy Canada is not allowed to announce anything, therefore, I'm told nothing because I'm not allowed to know yet.

If you have questions, please do ask.

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Epic Genius

@BBYTerence

I understand 100%, unfortunately just like the inevitable "I missed out on Insert Title" when it had been listed for a month, or the "are we getting a Steelbook" for a movie that just opened in theatres, I doubt that this will change anything. Smiley Wink

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Jacques1400 wrote:

@BBYTerence

I understand 100%, unfortunately just like the inevitable "I missed out on Insert Title" when it had been listed for a month, or the "are we getting a Steelbook" for a movie that just opened in theatres, I doubt that this will change anything. Smiley Wink

Not trying to change anything. Smiley Happy I just want to manage expectations. Sometimes it could take 10 minutes to get an answer, and sometimes answers might not be available for public announcement. I just wanted to reassure people that their posts aren't purposely ignored.

I want everyone to feel free to ask away if they have any questions. I make the relevant people aware whenever questions are asked. 

Keep em coming.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

King of Horror

Anyone interested, King of Horror Steelbook is up on BB:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/king-of-horror-collection-blu-ray/m2225420.aspx?

@BBYTerence should be able to confirm that it's a Steelbook, but being a General Release, all other retailers are showing it as a Steelbook.

Note: Arrow Video is also releasing "Society" & "Bride of the Re-Animator" in a Steelbook for the North American market. I'm not sure how much Arrow stuff gets carried at BB, but who knows.

Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

Easy job.

Here's my list with underlined title I'm looking for a SteelBook for it (and some of my own comments).

Following my previous March-July movie schedule/request which is 13/15 Smiley Very HappySmiley LOLSmiley Very Happy @BBYTerence

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Movies-TV-Shows/Upcoming-SteelBooks-Discussion-Thread/m-p/173604#M3007

August:
 - 08/04 The Dark Tower (this will bomb)
 - 08/04 Wind River
 - 08/04 Detroit
 - 08/18 The Hitmans Bodyguard -> Reynold's + Samuel L. Jackson = this HAS to be fun!
 - 08/18 Logan Lucky
 - 08/18 Shot Caller

September:
 - 09/15 American Assassin
 - 09/22 The Lego Ninjago Movie -> we need one to go with Lego Batman and for Mini Drum!
 - 09/22 Battle of the Sexes
 - 09/29 American Made -> YES!  This looks like pure fun with Tom Cruise!!!
 - 09/29 Flatliners -> ugh... and another remake...

October:
 - 10/06 Blade Runner 2049 -> YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 - 10/06 Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2) -> Of course!  1st had a SteelBook already!
 - 10/13 The snowman
 - 10/20 Geostorm
 - 10/20 Only the brave
 - 10/27 God particle

November:
 - 11/03 Thor: Ragnarok -> YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
 - 11/03 Subrbicon
 - 11/10 Murder on the Orient Express
 - 11/17 Justice League -> Do I really need to express myself here???
 - 11/24 Pixars Coco -> Disney/Pixar = yes!
 - 11/24 Junggle *extra G for forum censor*
 - 11/24 Darkest hour

December:
 - 12/01 The disaster artist
 - 12/08 The shape of water
 - 12/15 Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -> Most awaited movie of the year!
 - 12/15 Ferdinand
 - 12/22 Jumanji: Welcome to the Junggle -> looks fun with The Rock ( *extra G for forum censor*)
 - 12/22 Pitch Perfect 3

casey1985 wrote:

@Drum18

Perhaps you can provide another list of all movies that are being released between now and Christmas. Smiley Wink

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Thanks! @Drum18 Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

Funny how the code words for competitors are now censored.

I just wanted to post this message because it's message #1000 Smiley Happy

- 11/24 **competitor**
 - 11/24 Darkest hour

December:
 - 12/01 The disaster artist
 - 12/08 The shape of water
 - 12/15 Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -> Most awaited movie of the year!
 - 12/15 Ferdinand
 - 12/22 Jumanji: Welcome to the **competitor** -> looks fun with The Rock
 - 12/22 Pitch Perfect 3