Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]

Where are you getting your release date info @Drum18? Kingsman moved up to Sept 22 months ago, The Snowman is on Oct 20, and I don't think "Shot Caller" or "Jun[g]le" are on the release schedule anymore (and I haven't even heard of either of those at all). And God Particle/Cloverfield 3 got shifted to February a few weeks ago. Either way -- time to find a new place to cull your lists from, because they are far from up to date.

Also, some of those festival titles like Suburbicon, Battle of the Sexes and Darkest Hour seem like long shots.

But to add to your highlighted films, I'd add IT -- which is bound to be one of the biggest films of the fall.

I think my bigger question is still on some of the bigger titles from the Summer. What are the deets on potential steels for Baby Driver, War for the Planet of the Apes and Dunkirk?

Epic Genius

Sorry @pikachuforever

This list is only fanmade by me and it not always up-to-date 100% as movies release dates keeps changing again... and again... and again... (Kingsman was agreat exemple of changing like 6 times)  I was about to post my single list with only my wanted steelbooks (see those underlined) and said to myself, "hey, if someone wants to chime in and see something that interest him/her"...  So sorry it's not accurate, but I ain't Comingsoon.net Smiley Embarassed

Here's as it should have been for the movie I would like a SteelBook from BBY Canada:

September:
 - 09/22 The Lego Ninjago Movie
 - 09/22 Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2)
 - 09/29 American Made

October:
 - 10/06 Blade Runner 2049

November:
 - 11/03 Thor: Ragnarok
 - 11/17 Justice League
 - 11/24 Pixars Coco

December:
 - 12/15 Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

And for It, yeah, this is gonna be big, but I ain't an Horror fan at all so I just overlook this kind of movie, again, sorry. Smiley Embarassed

For Baby Driver, War for the Planet of the Apes and Dunkirk, pretty sure that:

- Baby Driver won't happen as I'm sure product buyers NEVER thought (as almost 99% of people in the industry) that this would be such a hit and so didn't order any...

- Apes: don't understand why not as  BBY USA recently re-released both #1 & #2 in SteelBook ???

- Dunkirk: BBY USA gets it with 4K, why not us???

Legendary Epic Genius

Didn't mean any offense @Drum18. I just didn't want anyone to get thrown off by some of your dates!

I agree with and hope for all of your top choices. And fingers continue to be crossed for a revised decision on Baby Driver if it was passed up in the past. Especially since I know at least 3/4 of Edgar Wright's previous movies showed up as steelbooks at one point or another.

Luminary

[ Edited ]

I just came from seeing the movie The Dark Tower I was disappointed. Not saying it was a bad movie its just was not what I thought it would be. Instead this movie is a continuation of where the books left off but has just enough references to please fans of the books and get newcomers excited for more. If you go into this movie looking for an exact adaptation of the books you will be sorely disappointed. This is one of those movies I will have wait and see if I really want it for my steelbook collection.  Smiley Happy I guess they are using this as a set up for the reported TV series that following the release of this film, a TV series set within the same continuity is scheduled to be released in 2018.Smiley Wink

Community Manager

Re: King of Horror

Jacques1400 wrote:

Anyone interested, King of Horror Steelbook is up on BB:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/king-of-horror-collection-blu-ray/m2225420.aspx?

@BBYTerence should be able to confirm that it's a Steelbook, but being a General Release, all other retailers are showing it as a Steelbook.

Note: Arrow Video is also releasing "Society" & "Bride of the Re-Animator" in a Steelbook for the North American market. I'm not sure how much Arrow stuff gets carried at BB, but who knows.

Hello.

So I am told that this is NOT a steelbook. I can't speak to how it's displayed or advertised at other retailers, but  I'm told by the movies department that on bestbuy.ca, this is not a steelbook.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/king-of-horror-collection-blu-ray/m2225420.aspx

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. With the exception of announcements that I'm instructed to post, the majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@BBYTerence

Is there any word if Best Buy Canada like Best Buy US will be getting the Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars [SteelBook] [4K Ultra HD Blu-ray/Blu-ray] [2017]. Smiley Happy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/starship-troopers-traitor-of-mars-steelbook-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-...

Scout
0 Kudos

After discovering how incredibly difficult it is to get my hands on a steelbook on release date without ditching work to stand in a lineup, I decided I'd start placing pre-orders for in-store pickup. Today the Alien: Covenant steelbook was released, and I had a pre-order in place. I stopped into the store and they told me it wasn't in yet. Has this happened to anybody else? Should I expect that it'll actually materialize, or should I just accept that I got screwed by trusting the pre-order system? I'm nervous because I have a number of steelbook pre-orders in place for the future as well.

Any thoughts? Does the pre-order system have any value whatsoever? If I'm placing orders and putting down deposits for products I'm not even going to get anyway, I feel like I'm just loaning Best Buy my money.
Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

They don't charge you anything until it ships, so no, you are not out any money.

If you're talking about the 4K COVENANT SteelBook, it looks like there were some delays.  I didn't see these in-store, but I did see the regular SteelBook there in stock today at noon.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@mikemoring

I'm not too sure how this process works, or how it started as an option, but the only comments I've seen from some members were not favorable.

Taking into consideration that stores hardly get any stock, I would be inclined to say that it's not a guaranteed purchase.

Scout
0 Kudos

@SonicBoom When you pre-order in store they take a $10 deposit. So I've got $10 down on a handful of steelbooks.

The one I pre-ordered was just the regular bluray/DVD combo steelbook.