The Oracle

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

WOW!?!  Smiley Surprised Best Buy Canada will not be getting a steelbook for Atomic Blond, The Dark Tower , no decision to Baby Driver and no to to a steelbook for Dunkirk in Canada; things are not looking good for new steelbook releases.Smiley Sad

The Captain
0 Kudos

It does beg the question: Is Best Buy Canada getting any more Steelbook releases?

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

WOW!?!  Smiley Surprised Best Buy Canada will not be getting a steelbook for Atomic Blond, The Dark Tower , no decision to Baby Driver and no to to a steelbook for Dunkirk in Canada; things are not looking good for new steelbook releases.Smiley Sad

We already confirmed in this thread that Dark Tower & Baby Driver are are with competitors, no use bringing those up.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@WaveyDave

That's been in the works since end of 2015, it seems that BB gets a small burst in the Summer (Summer Blockbusters), but as the holidays get closer, the well dries up pretty quickly.

https://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Movies-TV-Shows/Are-Steelbooks-Exclusives-Dead-at-BB/m-p/170347#M2588

Highlighted
Epic Genius

So sad to see that Power Rangers (2017) got a SteelBook release... but not Dundirk...   Smiley Indifferent Smiley Mad Smiley Sad

BBYTerence wrote:
Hello!
I am told that Best Buy Canada will not get a steelbook for Dunkirk.

The Oracle

[ Edited ]

Drum18 wrote:

So sad to see that Power Rangers (2017) got a SteelBook release... but not Dundirk...   Smiley Indifferent Smiley Mad Smiley Sad

Very sad indeed Power Rangers (2017) got a SteelBook in Canada and not Dundirk does not make sense and @Jacques1400 brought up a good point of "it seems that Best Buy Canada gets a small burst in the Summer (Summer Blockbusters), but as the holidays get closer, the well dries up pretty quickly."  Which in that case we end up missing many good titles who end up going with competitors or we end up missing all together. Unfortunately we are not going to get these answers from a peer-to-peer forum only more unanswered questions and speculation. Smiley Indifferent 

Community Manager

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

@BBYTerence,

Though I do not care for the pop art I was wondering will Best Buy Canada be recieving Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets SteelBook Blu-ray/DVD  2017. BestBuy USA has announced a release date of 11/21/2017 I am hoping that we will get this also. Smiley Happy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets-steelbookdigital-copyblu-ra...

33513612_sa.jpg

Also, will we see steelbooks for the movies "GET OUT" and "SPLIT"?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/get-out-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-blu-ray-dvd-only--best-buy-2017...

326941-8ec448c9c397d252e97decccce8d4985.jpg

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/split-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-blu-ray-dvd-only--best-buy-2016/6...

300_300_productGfx_a921c3fee00e65660c519682a9772570.jpg

Hello!

I have inquired about these 2 titles, but I have yet to receive any answers. So for now, it is unknown.

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain

At this point I think we even have to ask will Best Buy be getting a Thor Ragnorak or Justice League steelbook because I'm not confident we will even get those!

The Oracle

Nadalfan wrote:

At this point I think we even have to ask will Best Buy be getting a Thor Ragnorak or Justice League steelbook because I'm not confident we will even get those!

@Nadalfan I think Best Buy Canada will be getting both a Thor Ragnorak or Justice League steelbook; I think that is Best Buy's only reason why they bother with any physical copies of film anymore is to move major Disney/Star Wars/ DC & Marvel Superhero discs upon release. Smiley Wink

The Captain

They are the only steelbooks I can rely on to pick up at Best Buy Canada, unfortunately I got into the Steelbook game late so trying to pick up the early Marvel releases really hurts the wallet.