Epic Genius

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

@blazintrini

This is Warner... so I guess there's about 90% chances...

Epic Genius

@bevanz19

Sorry, BB on both sides of the border have no listings up so far, so my guess is you'll need to go overseas.

It can still appear out of nowhere, but it's getting pretty close to the release date. Smiley Sad

The Oracle

@bevanz19 @Jacques1400

I really do not understand why USA or Canada would not be recieving a War of the Planet of the Apes steelbook. I am grabbing at straws here but hopefully they may do what they did with the Baby Driver steelbook. By this I mean maybe they will release a steelbook of this movie a month later after the regular Bluray, DVD and UHD release.Smiley Happy

Epic Genius

@bjmaxvin67

Baby Driver is Sony, Apes is Warner.

I'm sure there will be something at some point, after all they keep on milking these franchises, Planet of the Apes, Transformers, Resident Evil, X-Men, you get my drift.

Maybe it's a new studio gimmick to double dip, first release the general retail version for people who can't wait, then release a Steelbook once the sales are tapering down.

So far in that trend we have Get Out, Split, Baby Diver and that's just off the top of my head coming in November.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

bevanz19 wrote:

does anyone know of any place getting a war for the planet of the apes steelbook

The steelbook I've seen from overseas is ugly.

That's all. Smiley Happy

The Captain
0 Kudos

hit me with a riddle of what place is carrying the get out steelbook.

The Captain

I found Best Buy by Googling steelbook
The Oracle
0 Kudos

Highlighted
The Oracle

[ Edited ]

For those who are interested I guess Best Buy corrected the released dated to the actual date of 11-21-2017 and is now showing that the Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Steelbook is ready for online preorder again for those who want to try and preorder this steelbook again. The first order I made in October 17, 2017 shows that the Item Status was Out of Stock and priced at $35.99. While this new order has decreased in price to  $34.99 and showing Item Status as Pre Order. At any rate if you are unsure about your first order here is your chance to try it again; so get it now while you have a chance and copies are available. Smiley Very Happy

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets-steelbook-only-at-b...

The Oracle

For anybody else that missed out ‎ October 17, 2017  and 10-20-2017 there are more copies of Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Steelbook online for preorder. Smiley Happy

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets-steelbook-only-at-b...