Legendary Oracle

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

Jacques1400 wrote:

Can anyone send me the decoder for these quote, over quote, quoted, re-quoted posts?

I can't make heads or tails of who is asking what.

I'm not too sure what the deal is with "Dunkirk", the online retailer has it up but the description states the name of the Music Store, and the Music Store is stating it's exclusive to them.

My guess? the online retailer is not getting a Steelbook, data entry error, it's happened before.

Even though I am going to pass on the "Dunkirk" Steelbook; I saw the movie and once was enough for me. I am glad that the other brick and mortar store Funrise is trying to pick up the slack of what BBY will not carry. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius
Legendary Oracle

Jacques1400 wrote:

Pop-art complete collections and Jumanji are up for pre-order, retail wide release in Canada, so don't expect these shipping in boxes.

Thank You @Jacques1400 for catching these steelbooks; I was suprised to see that BBY Canada would be carrying these steelbooks and I preordered everything but the Men In Black Trilogy (20th Anniversary) basically because I already have Steelbooks for all three of those movies. Smiley Very Happy Again Thank You for the heads up. Smiley Happy

The Captain
0 Kudos

So with the overseas retailer getting a Justice League exclusive do you think it's safe to say that the trend will continue and we won't get one in Canada?
Legendary Epic Genius

cujobp wrote:
So with the overseas retailer getting a Justice League exclusive do you think it's safe to say that the trend will continue and we won't get one in Canada?

I'm like 99.9% positive we'll get a Justice League steelbook in Canada.

Every single comic book movie this year has had a steelbook. Seems like the only thing you can definetely count on steelbook-wise.

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

cujobp wrote:

@cujobp @pikachuforever

I stated in another post I think Best Buy Canada will be getting both a Thor Ragnorak and/or Justice League steelbook. At this time as we have already seen there is a Thor Ragnorak steelbook for online preorder at BBY Canada; so I think it is safe to say we can expect them to get a Justice League steelbook when it comes out.   I think that is Best Buy's only reason why they bother with any physical steelbook copies of films anymore is to move major Disney, Star Wars, Marvel & DC Superhero movie UHD, Bluray and DVD discs upon release. Smiley WinkI guess getting something in steelbooks is better than nothing. Smiley Happy

Scout
0 Kudos

I saw that the steelbook version Thor Ragnarok are up for pre order but I can't find the 3d version.  Will there be a steelbook for the 3d version of thor Ragnarok? thanks

Legendary Epic Genius

@Varimh

What you see is what you get, you'll have to go overseas for a 3D Steelbook.

If you go through the forum you will find several threads and posts dealing with the subject, 3D for now is pretty much going the way of the dinosaurs in North America. 

https://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Movies-TV-Shows/Best-Buy-US/td-p/179598

The above link will bring you to BB US stores, but the note worthy part is a picture of 3D movies on sale for $9.99, which I had seen plenty more at the same reduced price from the US online retailer.

Even in Canada, looks like the prices are falling in order to clear inventory, one competitor is selling War for the Planet of the Apes 3D for $19.99 as an example.

Scout

Thanks for your awnser Jacques, I will hope there is a standard 3d version is Canada ( non-steelbook ) because i'm from Quebec and my native language is french.  Going oversee means I won't get the french canadian audio track.  I will look in the forum and web for more info on 3d movies.  thanks again.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@Varimh

I have not seen anything for 3D listed anywhere yet, but if you're looking for a "French Canadian" or "Dubbed in Quebec" audio track, that pretty much narrows your field to Canadian retailers.

Being a native Quebecois as well, I can honestly say that I prefer watching movies in their original language with subs if needed, so much gets lost in the translation it actually spoils the movie, but to each their own. Smiley Happy