Epic Genius

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

@mikemoring

As I stated above, even though you leave a deposit in store, there is no guarantee that the store will receive any copies.

Comments I read in this forum was even though stock was received, someone forgot to set it aside because it's not a common occurrence. So by the time you go to pickup a copy, they're all sold out.

I would highly recommend using online pre-ordering instead, that's your best bet.

The Captain
0 Kudos

Anyone know if we will be getting a Steelbook for Planet of the Apes, Dunkirk or Atomic Blonde?
Legendary Epic Genius

I didn't know you could pre-order in-store with a $10.00 deposit.

I typically order online and then go in-store on release day as a backup.

Epic Genius

@SonicBoom

I didn't know either until someone in this forum had complained about it some time back.

They left a deposit and because it's not really a common occurrence I guess, the stock got depleted at opening.

So even though he had reserved in store way ahead, all he managed to get was his deposit back and lost out on the Steelbook.

As for the purpose, I'm not too sure since stores don't have a clue if they are getting the title, or quantity if any.

It's probably something they do mostly for gamers and Limited Edition Steelbooks for the first "X" copies sold, but the games LE totals probably account for the total Movie Steelbook run. Smiley LOL

Luminary

Nadalfan wrote:
Anyone know if we will be getting a Steelbook for Planet of the Apes, Dunkirk or Atomic Blonde?

I am also looking for the  War Of The Planet Of The Apes steelbook @Nadalfan unfortunately I do not even see a listing for a steelbook for War Of The Planet Of The Apes, at the Best Buy USA site at this time. But I do see a steelbook listing for the movie at the retail store that has three letters; that sell dvd, blurays and music in the UK.  As for Dunkirk and Atomic Blonde I have no idea sorry. Smiley Happy  

Epic Genius

@bjmaxvin67

Can't really tell from anything outside North America, they do Steelbooks for everything.

Dunkirk & the "IT" remake are getting 4K Steelbooks available at BB U.S., so that puts the odds in our favour. Smiley Wink

Legendary Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Nadalfan wrote:

I am also looking for the  War Of The Planet Of The Apes steelbook @Nadalfan unfortunately I do not even see a listing for a steelbook for War Of The Planet Of The Apes, at the Best Buy USA site at this time. But I do see a steelbook listing for the movie at the retail store that has three letters; that sell dvd, blurays and music in the UK.  As for Dunkirk and Atomic Blonde I have no idea sorry. Smiley Happy  

All three of those movies are getting SteelBooks in Europe, but that wasn't the original question.

It's ironic that I have seen some people ask BB US if they are getting SteelBooks that are advertised here in Canada, such as the DESPICABLE ME movies. Smiley Happy

Luminary
0 Kudos

Jacques1400 wrote:

@bjmaxvin67

Can't really tell from anything outside North America, they do Steelbooks for everything.

Dunkirk & the "IT" remake are getting 4K Steelbooks available at BB U.S., so that puts the odds in our favour. Smiley Wink

@Jacques1400

I just saw a photo of the concept art for the Dunkirk steelbook and while I love Nolan's films and loved the movie. I am not sure how many times I can rewatch it;  though over time my attitude may change and I may grab the Best Buy release when and if; it appears. As for the "IT" steelbook I only see one for the television miniseries; but not one for the remake; could you tell me were you saw it. Smiley Happy

Luminary

SonicBoom wrote:

All three of those movies are getting SteelBooks in Europe, but that wasn't the original question.

It's ironic that I have seen some people ask BB US if they are getting SteelBooks that are advertised here in Canada, such as the DESPICABLE ME movies. Smiley Happy

No @SonicBoom but your comment does bring up a good point; why is it that Europe seems to put out steelbooks of almost every movie. Granted not every movie should get a steelbook; but I would like that option to choose to buy or not to buy a particular steelbook title. I look at all the Disney titles that have been released in Europe buy a particular Z company and wish they had been released here in North America for example Frozen, Big Hero 6, Treasure Planet, The Princess and the Frog and Wreck It Ralph.Smiley Happy

On the subject of  people asking BB US if they are getting SteelBooks that are advertised here in Canada, such as the DESPICABLE ME movies. I recall that is what happened when they had the four Transformers steelbooks first being offered by Best Buy Canada then it was eventually offered in the USA. Smiley LOL

Epic Genius

@bjmaxvin67

Insider information on "It", slated for December release so far, but still too early.

I'm not one for spreading rumours, but the source is seldom wrong. Smiley Wink