Legendary Epic Genius

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

Leafs17 wrote:

Thanks for being so condescending, Jacques. I really don't see the point of your comment. 

He could have been a little nicer about it, but point stands -- this is a peer moderated forum, and is not moderated by the "decision makers" as it were nor customer service. So if you have a complaint, you need to take it there.

That said, Best Buy does not guarantee same day delivery or even guaranteed release date delivery. Other online sites do, but Best Buy does not. I know my copy got dropped off yesterday (and I still need to go pick it up), but I am in Toronto. I know other locations are not as lucky. So while it might be frustrating to not receive your steelbook on release date, there is not much that can be done. Unless you want to suggest a non-free shipping option that guarantees same day delivery -- but you would need to talk to customer service about that, and not just post about it here hoping someone notices.

And as for the pricing of the steelbook, I assure you that no one on this forum is happy about it, and that they will lose my business if they continue increasing the prices.

Legendary Epic Genius

Leafs17 wrote:

So the 2 expensive steelbooks, GotG2 and WW, are both delayed in shipping to me. This better not happen again. Figure it out, BB.

I'm paying $50 to not watch it on release day.

So I am here in the US this week and the WW SteelBook is $34.99 US here.  That is basically the same price as it is in Canada with today's conversion rate of 1.23344.

People down here are complaining that it is $34.99 so I guess everyone is not happy about the price of Blu-ray nowadays.

I'm doing a little bit of Blu-ray shopping and I tell you that there is nothing cheap down here in the States.  I'm not buying much because it's cheaper back home.

On top of that, this country is dirty.  Smiley Happy  

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Hey Everybody,

This is what Best Buy USA is advertising as the way the art of steelbook for Game of Thrones season 7. Smiley Happy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/game-of-thrones-season-seven-dragonstone-red-steelbook-blu-ray-only--be...

6023909_sa.jpg

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/game-of-thrones-season-seven-dragonstone-cream-steelbook-blu-ray-only--...

HNEJST11760-1.jpg

I wonder which one BBY Canada will be offering?Smiley Very Happy

Luminary
0 Kudos

Whichever they have (perhaps BOTH), hopefully the magnet is there as with the previous seasons Smiley Happy

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

pikachuforever wrote:

Leafs17 wrote:

Thanks for being so condescending, Jacques. I really don't see the point of your comment. 

He could have been a little nicer about it, but point stands -- this is a peer moderated forum, and is not moderated by the "decision makers" as it were nor customer service. So if you have a complaint, you need to take it there.

That said, Best Buy does not guarantee same day delivery or even guaranteed release date delivery. Other online sites do, but Best Buy does not. I know my copy got dropped off yesterday (and I still need to go pick it up), but I am in Toronto. I know other locations are not as lucky. So while it might be frustrating to not receive your steelbook on release date, there is not much that can be done. Unless you want to suggest a non-free shipping option that guarantees same day delivery -- but you would need to talk to customer service about that, and not just post about it here hoping someone notices.

And as for the pricing of the steelbook, I assure you that no one on this forum is happy about it, and that they will lose my business if they continue increasing the prices.

This isn't about not getting it on release. It's about getting the email where they say it'll be delayed in shipping by 3-5 days. If it ships on the Monday or Tuesday I will not complain. 

The Captain
0 Kudos

So what does everyone do with the cardboard movie info stuck on the back.  I like to keep it, but bend it to fit inside the case.  All the nice work on the steelbook I wish they would make that a size that fits into the case.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@cujobp

Everyone has a different view, some keep them in a separate box/container, others simply throw them out.

Personally, I cut them down to size so that they fit the outside the back cover, in most occurrence's that simply means cutting out at the top fold near the UPC, and the bottom fold near the Studio info.

I do make sure to remove the goop used by the manufacturer, over time it seeps right through the paper or cardboard (Not sure how it affects the Steelbook paint!).

Using removable double sided tape, I simply re-attach it to the back which makes it a cinch to remove to see the back cover.

There are many types of double sided tape available, I use an acid free type available in most craft stores, and it comes in a neat little roller dispenser.

Edit: BTW the back card is actually called the "J" Card because of it's shape. Smiley Happy

Epic Genius

@BBYTerence

BBY USA has now announced 2 steelbooks for Kingsman: The Golden Circle (4K & 2D Blu-ray SteelBooks).  Can we pray to get at least one here???

Kingsman: The Golden Circle BBY USA Steelbooks

Epic Genius

@Drum18

I think you're still allowed to pray in Quebec. Smiley Wink

Epic Genius

casey1985 wrote:

@Drum18

I think you're still allowed to pray in Quebec. Smiley Wink

But only in French and in the confines of your own home......