Luminary

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread

Thank You @SonicBoom I did not see a Steelbook for Split on the Best Buy USA site; but just wanted to confirm it. As for the movie Unbreakable I will see if I can get on simple Bluray at Best Buy for discount. Smiley Happy

Luminary

[ Edited ]

Hey @BBYTerence@SonicBoom and/or anyone that can help.

Did you guys notice they are offering the Star Wars prequel and some of the originals on Steelbook but with different art is this a mistake or have they changed the art again on the steelbooks from 2015. Here is a link to one of them Empire Strikes Back http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/star-wars-empire-strikes-back-steelbook-limited-edition-blu-ray-...? The same thing is showing up for Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Mondo X SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (Blu-ray) (1991)  http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/terminator-2-judgment-day-mondo-x-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-blu...?. Is there a glitch and they are showing the wrong cover art?

Epic Genius

@bjmaxvin67

99.9% sure it's just a glitch for those wrong art. 

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I agree with Drum.  They are showing the DVD art from the old tin can release.  It even says DVD in the bottom corner. 

I have that release on DVD and it is showing in-stock so it is most likely the old SteelBooks with the wrong art.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Did you guys notice they are offering the Star Wars prequel and some of the originals on Steelbook but with different art is this a mistake or have they changed the art again on the steelbooks from 2015. Here is a link to one of them Empire Strikes Back http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/star-wars-empire-strikes-back-steelbook-limited-edition-blu-ray-...? The same thing is showing up for Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Mondo X SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (Blu-ray) (1991)  http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/terminator-2-judgment-day-mondo-x-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-blu...?. Is there a glitch and they are showing the wrong cover art?

The T2 one is a previous Blu-ray version -- I have it on my shelf. If you look at the other photos, it's shows the Mondo X steel.

And as others pointed out, that's the cover for the Empire rush job they put out on DVD a few years ago. It had a barely upconverted version of the last VHS cut of the original version of the film.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Hey @BBYTerence,

I was wondering has there been any word of a steelbook for the movie SPLIT. Also, was there ever a steelbook released for the movie UNBREAKABLE.

I think anyone who has seen the movie SPLIT will understand the connection of why I am also asking if there is a steelbook for UNBREAKABLE also. Smiley LOL

Thank You!!! 

Hey @bjmaxvin67.

I'll reach out and find out about Split and Unbreakable.

Smiley Happy

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards. Learn more >

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

mysteron_x wrote:
Lego batman steelbook news?

Hey @mysteron_x.

I'll get some confirmation on Lego Batman as well. I'll update you here once I receive some news. Thanks!

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards. Learn more >

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Community Manager

BBYTerence wrote:

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Hey @BBYTerence,

I was wondering has there been any word of a steelbook for the movie SPLIT. Also, was there ever a steelbook released for the movie UNBREAKABLE.

I think anyone who has seen the movie SPLIT will understand the connection of why I am also asking if there is a steelbook for UNBREAKABLE also. Smiley LOL

Thank You!!! 

Hey @bjmaxvin67.

I'll reach out and find out about Split and Unbreakable.

Smiley Happy

Hey @bjmaxvin67.

That's a no to both.

Thanks @SonicBoom

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Community Manager

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

I also think it's a glitch with the wrong art. I've passed this along to the eCommerce team for that category.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Epic Genius

@BBYTerence

Any chance for Logan and/or Kong and/or Beauty and the beast?