Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

@BBYTerence,

Is there any chance that we will get any of these John Carpenter movies on steelbook like our US counterpart. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=john+carpenter+steelbook&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat1707...

Luminary

[ Edited ]

@BJ They will likely be on *retailer*

Epic Genius

@bjmaxvin67

Shout!/Scream Factory is re-releasing those for the North American market to celebrate their 5 year anniversary, they are not exclusives. It's a General Release of so called "Limited Edition", but numbered at 10,000 units each, "Limited Edition" is a far stretch.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/editorials/limited-edition-scream-factory-steelbooks

detail_steelbooks.jpg

Also in August for General Distribution from them will be a 20Th. Anniversary "Fargo" SteelBook

fargo.JPG

Looks like they are testing the Steelbook waters!!!!!!

Luminary

[ Edited ]

Jacques1400 wrote:

@bjmaxvin67

Shout!/Scream Factory is re-releasing those for the North American market to celebrate their 5 year anniversary, they are not exclusives. It's a General Release of so called "Limited Edition", but numbered at 10,000 units each, "Limited Edition" is a far stretch.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/editorials/limited-edition-scream-factory-steelbooks

So @Jacques1400 essentially what you are saying is if Best Buy Canada is not offering these steelbooks I may be able to find at the music and bluray media franchise that taking over the leases of the stores of the former 3 letter competitor that sold music and blurays.That does sound promising since the article states they they only have US & Canadian territory rights I hope they do sell in more brick and mortar media outlets. Smiley Very Happy

Epic Genius

Correct, hopefully BB will carry them since they are available everywhere, mind you BB does not carry large quantities of Shout!/Scream Factory titles, and only some select titles.

General Distribution = Everywhere

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I do not know if anybody is still interested but there is one La La Land steelbook online for ordering. 5-21-2017 03:32 PM

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/la-la-land-bilingual-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-blu-ray-2016/m22...?

EDIT ***it has now been sold***  ‎05-21-2017 04:59 PM

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Any news is BB Canada will also carry the John Wick Chapter 1 Steelbook.  I have already pre-ordered Chapter 2,  and would like it for the set.  I do believe Chapter 1 will be released south of the border.

Thanks

Community Manager

Kong: Skull Island steelbook is available for online pre-order >

Kong: Skull Island steelbok thread >

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. With the exception of announcements that I'm instructed to post, the majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@wozman

I would not count on it at this time.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

il_170x135.693521897_cmlm