The Oracle

Re: Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Steelbook

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

casey1985 wrote:

It will come back into stock on the day of release or shortly after and stick around for a few days or weeks.

What you say @casey1985 is true and I do not want to act like an alarmist and start speculating but if this thread Shipping Steelbook In Lettermail...?   is any indication on how and/or what condition on your steelbooks are coming in the mail. Then these copies that come back into stock on the day of release; will probably be used to replace damaged or defective steelbooks that come in the mail. Smiley Wink

https://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Movies-TV-Shows/Shipping-Steelbook-In-Lettermail/td-p/181043

Smiley LOL Good point!

Epic Genius

From my perspective and recent experience, it really doesn't matter how BB is shipping these days, The odds of receiving damaged goods are pretty high.

Vinyl Bubble Mailer, Box, Kraft Cardboard Envelope, it's pretty obvious to me that whatever changes have been implemented at the warehouse level is affecting the handling of the product, and not in a good way.

All i'm getting is damaged goods which ends up back at the store, so much so that I'm now simply ordering from BB US.

It's pretty sad when you receive Steelbooks from BB US through several handlers & from overseas retailers with better results than shipped from your own country. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
The Oracle
0 Kudos

Jacques1400 wrote:

From my perspective and recent experience, it really doesn't matter how BB is shipping these days, The odds of receiving damaged goods are pretty high.

Vinyl Bubble Mailer, Box, Kraft Cardboard Envelope, it's pretty obvious to me that whatever changes have been implemented at the warehouse level is affecting the handling of the product, and not in a good way.

All i'm getting is damaged goods which ends up back at the store, so much so that I'm now simply ordering from BB US.

It's pretty sad when you receive Steelbooks from BB US through several handlers & from overseas retailers with better results than shipped from your own country. Smiley Sad

I know @Jacques1400 you have heard this before but I am sorry to hear about your recent experiences. I know our community managers inform us that feedback regarding steelbooks have been passed along and will continue to be passed along. However, they have no authority over these matters and and cannot guarantee any specific future outcomes or personally resolve this and answers like that do not make things any better. Smiley Sad

https://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Movies-TV-Shows/Shipping-Steelbook-In-Lettermail/m-p/181123#M5780 

In certain instances I have also simply gone to the BB US which is also becoming difficult; as I stated in another thread since more and more steelbooks coming out each month, it is hard to maintain membership of the steelbook club. For me it is just a question of quality control and just getting the steelbooks of films I like a lot. I don't care how good the artwork is or the quality of the steel is; if I don't like the film or its just average I don't buy it. Smiley Happy

https://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Movies-TV-Shows/Upcoming-SteelBooks-Discussion-Thread/m-p/181214#M5834

I do have one question you brought up a good suggestion in another post  to use social as much as possible to complain, since Customer Service does not have control over the shipping process. However negative comments do not bode well on social network,Twitter, Facebook and whatever others BB uses are the only tools available apart from a direct letter to their HQ. Have you tried using these things to bring attention to what is happening when online shopping. Smiley Happy

https://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Movies-TV-Shows/Shipping-Steelbook-In-Lettermail/m-p/181204#M5813

Epic Genius

@bjmaxvin67

I practice what I preach, is it having an effect, nothing has changed so far, mind you the offerings are pretty slim these days.

My above post is not a complaint, it's simply my observations with the actions I've taken to circumvent the aggravations and disappointment's on my purchases lately. Some people vent, I simply work around the problem because I have the luxury to do so.

I always gave BB the benefit of the doubt and credit where credit was due, but I will also point out the facts so that the community can judge by themselves.

Who knows, if enough of us reach the powers to be things might change. Smiley Wink