The Oracle
0 Kudos

Watching Ultra Violet movies help?

[ Edited ]

Just curious if anyone can help me. I have a bunch of movies and use Cinemanow (which is owned by bestbuy I believe) and it's not working. I can't find any apps that will play on Xbox 360/One & PS4. My smart tv doesn't have cinemanow app working at all. Vudu won't work in canada. If anyone can help me out as I don't want to sit at my computer.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Watching Ultra Violet movies help?

[ Edited ]

Are your movies attached to an Ultra Violet account or a Cinemanow account?  If you are using ultraviolet then you can watch all your movies using the flixster apps

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Not familiar with Cinema Now, but I have collected quite a few movies on Ultraviolet.

Just keep in mind that you only have the movies as long as Ultraviolet has the license.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@Drax86 I have them all linked with ultra violet account which is also with flixster. My Samsung smart tv doesn't have anyway of watching them. I can watch flixster online but no app for any devices except my iOS devices.

@SonicBoom I didn't know you only own them until Ultraviolet owns the licences. I did email cinemanow and told me there apps and websites are currently down and there technicians are working on it.

I know it's easy in the US to get these digital copies to watch but in canada no much for devices except on computers.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Flixster has lots of apps for various devices, you may have to look at getting something to stream to your TV if your TV doesn't have the Flixster app

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Leprekon wrote:

@SonicBoom I didn't know you only own them until Ultraviolet owns the licences. I did email cinemanow and told me there apps and websites are currently down and there technicians are working on it.

I know it's easy in the US to get these digital copies to watch but in canada no much for devices except on computers.

Well, I am not really speaking specifically about Ultraviolet, but all online movie and game libraries in general.

Movie studios and game manufacturers (such as PSN) own the rights to the movies/games and they reserve the right to re-negotiate contracts or even withdraw the game if they desire to do so.

I don't think it is an issue now, but this is a concern for PS3 game owners with a large online library now that the PS3 is being discontinued.

Movies are similar.  I don't own Netflix, but movies cycle through there once in awhile and I'm quite certain that if any movie studio wanted to pull their movies from an online vendor, they have the right to do so.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@SonicBoom -- my understanding is if you already have the game downloaded off the PSN, it will still show up in your downloads even if they take it off, or at the very least, will stay on your system if you downloaded it. Not sure if it's the same for movies. I know Fantastic Four 1 and 2 were removed off iTunes when the new movie came out in 2015, but they still existed if you had downloaded them previously -- but god help whoever actually paid for those movies!

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

If you downloaded it previously, you are probably fine so long as you have your download.

PSN is dropping support for PS3, PSTV, the PS Vita and all TVs, blu-ray players in two weeks, so I'm not sure what will happen if you have a library of purchased games that are not on your HD.  I suppose you would lose them.

However, even if you have your download, there is nothing to stop Sony or iTunes or whomever from removing playback permissions on existing downloads if they desire to do so.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

SonicBoom wrote:

If you downloaded it previously, you are probably fine so long as you have your download.

PSN is dropping support for PS3, PSTV, the PS Vita and all TVs, blu-ray players in two weeks, so I'm not sure what will happen if you have a library of purchased games that are not on your HD.  I suppose you would lose them.

However, even if you have your download, there is nothing to stop Sony or iTunes or whomever from removing playback permissions on existing downloads if they desire to do so.

I think the only thing they're dropping is support for Playstation Now on August 15 -- not everything. They just announced new games for PS+ coming to PS3 and Vita in August, so I don't think they can drop all support at the same time.