Luminary

Re: What 80's or Early 90's Cartoon Would You Want To See As A Live Action Movie?

[ Edited ]

BBYTerence wrote:

Juice0904 wrote:
Beast wars. Definitely Beast wars.

Wasn't really a cartoon per se, but it was definitely animated.

JB

@Juice0904

Beast Wars would be such a fun, visually creative thing to watch in live action!

Hey @BBYTerence and @Juice0904,

I loved Transformers Beast Wars  and  has to be one of the most underrated entries of the Transformers franchise, being dismissed by several fans due the changes done to the story in comparison with the original cartoon. However, despite being quite different, this series managed to have a very interesting storyline and a good characterization, balancing incredibly well the action, the seriousness and the comedy. Rather than being just archetypes, or carbon copies of their original counterparts from the first series, the new characters have a great character development, showing different aspects from their personalities as the series advances.

On a side note did anyone watch Beast Machines which was also done by MAINFRAME ENTERTAINMENT? While the show is a suitable follow-up to the Beast Wars series, it is not without some problems. However, if you are a fan of Beast Wars, you may like Beast Machines equally so. The thing to keep in mind is that the characters from Beast Wars that were carried over are in a new environment and facing new challenges.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: What 80's or Early 90's Cartoon Would You Want To See As A Live Action Movie?

Juice0904 wrote:
Beast wars. Definitely Beast wars.

Wasn't really a cartoon per se, but it was definitely animated.

JB

Hey @Juice0904 and @BBYTerence,

Do you also recall a two other Mainframe Entertainment master pieces called War Planets aka Shadow Raiders and Reboot?

Community Manager

Hey @bjmaxvin67.

I remember Reboot. It aired on YTV! Smiley Happy I didn't follow it too much though.

I've never seen Shadow Raiders though.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. With the exception of announcements that I'm instructed to post, the majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary

[ Edited ]

BBYTerence wrote:

I've never seen Shadow Raiders though.

Hey @BBYTerence

Let me say that I loved this show it was just a great space epic, complete with its little side deals and enemy factions. It also had real characters and real character development, which a lot of cartoons tend to skip out on. I really liked the whole design of the show. Each of the four planets has inhabitants to match, and a distinctly different culture. Rock, for instance, is starkly militaristic, while Fire seems to have some Arabic roots. All in all, just one cool show. Too bad there was no Season 3, but  I will enjoy what we've got. If it was done right and had a good director this would actually make a incredible live action movie ( probably would have to do the characters in CGI with motion capture).

I do not know if this is allowed but here is a link to one of the episodes of Shadow Raiders. I hope you enjoy it.  Smiley Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14D_7wXwWAQ

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

BBYTerence wrote:

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

BBYTerence wrote:

Excellent topic! Smiley Happy

A couple 80s, most likely forgotten, cartoons come to mind for me.

In the 80s, I loved the show M.A.S.K. and all the M.A.SK. toys as well. I would love to see that turned into a movie or sci-fi/action series.

There also used to be this animated series I loved called C.O.P.S. The inner child in me would love to see that resurrected into a live action format!

A 90s cartoon I loved was GargoylesThey can do some visually stunning things with the Planet of the Apes franchise now, so I would totally love to see them bring this animated series to life.

Hey @BBYTerence,

I was a fan of the M.A.S.K  show and toys ( I still have many is storage). A M.A.S.K movie would be kind of cool. Perhaps it will be Michael Bay's next project Smiley LOL?

Hasbro actually owns the Intellectual Property and Hasbro owns all of M.A.S.K. top to bottom. Since Hasbro is pretty locked up with Paramount Pictures who has also did Transformers, G.I JOE and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so they would be a good candidate to make a movie. 

As for C.O.P.S this would also be an awesome movie and with Vincent D'Onofrio as Big Boss and Sam Jackson as Bulletproof (enough said perfect casting)Smiley LOL.

As for Gargoyles this show was a breath of fresh air on every level. If this wasn't a groundbreaking show, it certainly raised the bar sky high. Your right @BBYTerence they can do some visually stunning things like with the Planet of the Apes franchise. If this ever gets live action adaptation it has to have something to do with Peter Jackson, Guillermo del Toro, or Joss Whedon. The material's right up their alley and just keep Michael Bay away from this. In my opinion, this show is some of the best work Disney has ever done. If Gargoyles ever does make a live action comeback, I will cry out in Keith David's voice, "The spell is broken. AND WE LIVE AGAIN!!!!" Smiley Very Happy

Hey @bjmaxvin67

Gargoyles had a lot of intelligent and Shakespearean themes. Good call on keeping it away from Michael Bay. He can stick to the explosions Smiley Wink The nostalgia is setting in. I really wanna watch some Gargoyles right now!

Hey @BBYTerence,

Did you happen to also watch The Goliath Chronicles which was the third and final television season of Gargoyles that aired on ABC's Saturday morning cartoon line up. The original Gargoyles show was good because it showed Disney was willing to let its animation grow up a little.  While GARGOYLES: THE GOLIATH CHRONICLES is entertaining enough, it is not nearly as good as the 1994 TV show GARGOYLES. Sure it wasn't the best cartoon ever it gave me more Gargoyles   and something fun to watch. It would've been nice if ABC would have kept this show on longer. 

Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@bjmaxvin67

It definitely would have been nice if Gargoyles lasted longer.

I never watched The Goliath Chronicles. At that point, I stopped watching when they cancelled the original series. Smiley Sad 

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. With the exception of announcements that I'm instructed to post, the majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Elico47 wrote:

Well, my all time favourite is still that oscar winning wabbit

What's up ..,docs ?What's up ..,docs ?

But since we're talking fairly modern age, how about Pinky and the Brain, because I share his ultimate goal *NARF*Smiley WinkPinky.jpg

Hey @Elico47.

Definitely love those classic Looney Toons characters!

Your mention of Pinky and the Brain also reminded me of another cartoon from that time: The Animaniacs! 

Image result for animaniacs pinky and the brain

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Highlighted
Legendary Oracle

[ Edited ]

What about a long forgotten character, I think this was the first cyber character.

Max was also popular on Coke commercials, lucky for me I failed the Pepsi challange.., oh I said the "P" word.

I remember the Animaniacs @BBYTerence Smiley Happy

Foghorn Leghorn was definitly a favourite character of mine too @bjmaxvin67, and Mel Blanc ( the man of thousand voices) was indeed the master when it came to voices, I remember seeing him in some cameo appearances in other movies too.

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey @Elico47,

I remember this long forgotten character who before  the series Revolution, Dark Angel, Falling Skies, The Walking Dead and the actor Jim Carrey.  There was "Max Headroom" the first cyberpunk, post-apocalyptic TV show ever (way back in 1987). Smiley Very Happy

Also @Elico47 and @BBYTerence do you remember the cartoon Robotech this was the first anime that took itself seriously and was not censored by the relentless attacking parent groups out there who try dumb down anything that may seen as violent or potentially harmful to children 

It would be interesting to see this on the big screen. Smiley Happy I was reading it was brought to the states and mashed together with other completely independent shows for the main purpose of having a show long enough to get into syndication.The concept of Robotech was great in that - without it we probably wouldn't have half the anime fans in the states that we do today. It really opened up a lot of doors and had an important role. It was also one of the most mature cartoons Americans could see at the time with an interracial relationship, main character deaths, and love triangles.The downside, and one reason people hate Robotech is that the company that owns the rights, Harmon Gold, are generally seen as evil and money grubbing because they hide behind copyright laws instead of putting out quality products, and they try to block the sale and distribution of new Macross productions in the states. 

Community Manager
0 Kudos

@bjmaxvin67

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the cartoon Robotech. Besides watching Dragon Ball Z, I never got into anime myself.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator