The Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: Wonder Woman Steelbook

I really hope the price of this drops under $40. $45 is getting a little hefty.
Highlighted
The Captain
0 Kudos

casey1985 wrote:

I'm sure by now that some of you have seen the chatter about the many different steelbook designs around the world for this title.

As it stands now, this is the absolute worst cover of the bunch.

I'm reading about possible changes.

Does anybody have any firm information about whether this art has changed for Canada?

Thanks in advance.

I agree I had the same thoughts when I first saw it. It looks like a bright cartoon! Some of the other covers available elsewhere are darker and a live shot. I hope it changes, but steelbooks seem like an afterthought here, especially when they gouge us for $45 for an exclusive.

Legendary Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

I'm beginning to like this cover now.  It is a world wide exclusive.  No one else in the world gets the cover that the US and Canada does.

Ironically, this might put this SteelBook in high-demand globally because there are a lot of movie fans, and a lot of SteelBook fans, and a lot of Wonder Woman fans and they are all buying multiple copies of this movie.

BB US and BB Canada are the only ones in the world offering this cover for now.

I'm sure there will be completist fans who will be searching high and low for this partiular SteelBook that Canadians will have sitting on the shelves of their nearby BB store.

Not to mention the fact that this is 4K.  I'm not a 4K fan in the least, but the last few 4K SteelBook offerings have sold out quickly.

Like it or not, our version of the SteelBook will be quite unique and not very common.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

SonicBoom wrote:

Ironically, this might put this SteelBook in high-demand globally because there are a lot of movie fans, and a lot of SteelBook fans, and a lot of Wonder Woman fans and they are all buying multiple copies of this movie.

Well then this is great news for re-sellers and holders of Group Buys since Best Buy doesn't sell or ship outside of Canada and the U.S. 

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

So the price didn't drop which is sad since the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 steelbook was the same price but included 3D and the Spider-Man Homecoming steelbook is $5.00 cheaper than this with the same discs as Wonder Woman.

But I'm just curious as to whether anybody went into a store today looking for a copy of this and how that went.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

casey1985 wrote:

So the price didn't drop which is sad since the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 steelbook was the same price but included 3D and the Spider-Man Homecoming steelbook is $5.00 cheaper than this with the same discs as Wonder Woman.

But I'm just curious as to whether anybody went into a store today looking for a copy of this and how that went.

@casey1985

Since I was still waiting to recieve my orders in the mail; I went to the store and did not see any copies.  I did recieve a notice yesterday and they did charge my credit card so I guess I will get it today or hopefully tomorrow. Smiley Happy  

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Love how canada post works, I technically can get mine shipped to my house today but when they see the 20th they take there time. Happens all the time especially when it goes from Mississauga to Scarborough to Mississauga in a matter of 2 1/2 hrs and sitting in Mississauga for the rest of the day.
Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@bjmaxvin67

Interesting.  Thank you.

Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

And right on schedule back in stock on release day.  Many copies available to order online right now.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/wonder-woman-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-com...?

This will most likely happen with Transformers, Pirates and Spider-Man Homecoming and all steelbooks to follow so people please don't be complaing about missing out on pre-orders.

Just take another look around on here on the release day and the days after of each of these titles and don't go rushing on to that bay which contains increased prices because once these come back in stock, those inflated prices crash.

Just take a look at the prices of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 steelbook now.  

Crashed.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Underwhelmed by the artwork on this now that I have it in hand. Looks too comic-y for my liking. Guess it's going back and I'll get the one from Germany, the one where she crosses her arms and just shows her eyes.