Legendary Epic Genius

Re: Wonder Woman Steelbook

casey1985 wrote:

SonicBoom wrote:

I'm in the US this week and FWIW there are lots of copies in the States.

I really like the SteelBook in-hand.  The art is very crisp and clear and is a worthy WW SteelBook for what has become an entire line of WW SteelBooks.

I also see the Universal Monsters SteelBook series as well as CLOSE ENCOUNTERS and STARSHIP TROOPERS SteelBooks.

And you're bringing back copies for everybody?!!!

That's amazing! Smiley Wink

Enjoy your week! Smiley Happy

I would bring them back if I knew I wouldn't be stuck with them.  I don't run group buys for that reason.

Don't know what the WW displays are like back home, but here is what they look like down in Framingham, MA.

STARSHIP TROOPERS and CE3K SteelBooksSTARSHIP TROOPERS and CE3K SteelBooksUS WONDER WOMAN displayUS WONDER WOMAN displayBack View of WONDER WOMAN displayBack View of WONDER WOMAN displayFramingham, MA BB StoreFramingham, MA BB StoreSTARSHIP TROOPERS TRAITOR OF MARS 4K SteelBook on sale this week.STARSHIP TROOPERS TRAITOR OF MARS 4K SteelBook on sale this week.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

@SonicBoom

I was actually just looking at your photos.  Very nice!

I was just in Best Buy here today and there wasn't a Wonder Woman display at the store I was in.

Just copies on a new release shelf near the front of the store.

I don't believe they received any steelbook copies though.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

I’ll be returning 3 to Newmarket store tomorrow night so if anyone is in the area want to get it for face value from me or from the Newmarket store let me know. One might be damaged as it looks like wolverine attacked the plastic wrap and another looks like I tiny dent on the bottom (not sure as there’s a rip in the plastic in same spot and another one has ripped plastic on the bottom back. Mine has a tiny flake missing but I’m not going to hassle with that as it’s always a hit or miss with these & how bestbuy ships these.
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

SonicBoom wrote:

STARSHIP TROOPERS and CE3K SteelBooksSTARSHIP TROOPERS and CE3K SteelBooksUS WONDER WOMAN displayUS WONDER WOMAN displayBack View of WONDER WOMAN displayBack View of WONDER WOMAN displayFramingham, MA BB StoreFramingham, MA BB StoreSTARSHIP TROOPERS TRAITOR OF MARS 4K SteelBook on sale this week.STARSHIP TROOPERS TRAITOR OF MARS 4K SteelBook on sale this week.

Thank You @SonicBoom for sharing these photos. Smiley Happy  It looks like a beautiful store from the outside and the thought of seeing a Best Buy store with shelves full of stock even if it is in the USA;  really brings a tears to my eyes.  

I also love how they go all out for their movie display of Wonder Woman in Framingham, MA.  Nothing like the WW displays like back home were I live; I had to stuggle to find were they had the Wonder Woman steelbooks were I live (which were located at the bottom of the shelf) and I when I went to look for them I thought they did not have any the first, When I had to return some defective and damaged copies the next day; the clerk had to show me were they were. Smiley Happy

The stock they have of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS, STARSHIP TROOPERS 20TH ANNIVERSARY and STARSHIP TROOPERS TRAITOR OF MARS SteelBooks is amazing. Smiley Happy I really wish we could see more exclusives like these in Canada. Smiley Sad At any rate Thank You again for sharing these photos; even though it is like being punched in the gut knowing what we do not get I enjoyed seeing them. Smiley LOL 

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Thank You @SonicBoom for sharing these photos. Smiley Happy  It looks like a beautiful store from the outside and the thought of seeing a Best Buy store with shelves full of stock even if it is in the USA;  really brings a tears to my eyes.  

I also love how they go all out for their movie display of Wonder Woman in Framingham, MA.  Nothing like the WW displays like back home were I live; I had to stuggle to find were they had the Wonder Woman steelbooks were I live (which were located at the bottom of the shelf) and I when I went to look for them I thought they did not have any the first, When I had to return some defective and damaged copies the next day; the clerk had to show me were they were. Smiley Happy

The stock they have of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS, STARSHIP TROOPERS 20TH ANNIVERSARY and STARSHIP TROOPERS TRAITOR OF MARS SteelBooks is amazing. Smiley Happy I really wish we could see more exclusives like these in Canada. Smiley Sad At any rate Thank You again for sharing these photos; even though it is like being punched in the gut knowing what we do not get I enjoyed seeing them. Smiley LOL 

So I did not mean to post the picture to gloat or flaunt anything.  I ended up returning the TRAITOR OF MARS SteelBook because I realized that it did not include a digital copy and thought it was too expensive for an animated feature when I don't even have 4K.  I'm ordering the BD SteelBook only from Europe.

It is pretty cool that they have a display, but their movie section in the two stores I went to in the US are also really small.  I think they are maybe 4 aisles in Framingham, and maybe 6 in Nashua.

The Nashua location did have a few more interesting things but I'll make that a separate post.

Legendary Oracle

SonicBoom wrote:

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

So I did not mean to post the picture to gloat or flaunt anything.  I ended up returning the TRAITOR OF MARS SteelBook because I realized that it did not include a digital copy and thought it was too expensive for an animated feature when I don't even have 4K.  I'm ordering the BD SteelBook only from Europe.

It is pretty cool that they have a display, but their movie section in the two stores I went to in the US are also really small.  I think they are maybe 4 aisles in Framingham, and maybe 6 in Nashua.

The Nashua location did have a few more interesting things but I'll make that a separate post.

Hey @SonicBoom do not worry I enjoy looking at these photos. Also, I did not take this that you were posting these pictures to gloat or flaunt anything; so do not worry. The "being punched in the gut knowing what we do not get I enjoyed seeing them" comment was not directed at you if that is how it seemed I apologize. But I do stand by my comment I wish we had more exclusives like the BBY USA also it is kind humerous to see you write there maybe 4 aisles in Framingham, and maybe 6 in Nashua are also really. When you compare that to what Canadians Best Buy shoppers are seeing now; but I am not going to beat a dead horse with that topic of USA vs Canadian Best Buy store. All I will say again is Thank You for posting these photos. Smiley Very Happy

The Oracle

Luminary

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

But I do stand by my comment I wish we had more exclusives like the BBY USA also it is kind humerous to see you write there maybe 4 aisles in Framingham, and maybe 6 in Nashua are also really. When you compare that to what Canadians Best Buy shoppers are seeing now; but I am not going to beat a dead horse with that topic of USA vs Canadian Best Buy store. All I will say again is Thank You for posting these photos. Smiley Very Happy

BRING BACK FUTURESHOP!

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ShadowOfLight wrote:

BRING BACK FUTURESHOP!

I totally agree with you on this @ShadowOfLight; but unfortunately if by some strange occurance that did happen it would be “like trying to catch lightning in a bottle” and it would not be the same store we grew to love. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
The Oracle

I was in my local Best Buy Saturday (second time in the same month!) and I was surprised to see steelbooks on the shelves.

There were 6 copies of Wonder Woman, many copies of Transformers: The Dark Knight, 2 copies of the Transformers 5 movie pack (with the front of the J card stating Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD.  This collection does not include DVD's but I would hope that nobody is purchasing this steelbook for the DVD's Smiley LOL

I also found many steelbooks for The Flash: Season 3, Batman and Harley Quinn.

Are steelbooks making a comeback in the physical stores? 

I admit this is a Best Buy that still has more than 1 aisle of movies.