Highlighted
The Oracle

Re: transformers steelbooks

Steelbooks are on sale for $13.99 so have to call in for a price adjustment.
Luminary
0 Kudos

Received all 4 Steelbooks for the Transformers movies yesterday in perfect condition. Woohoo! Much appreciated BBY!

I must be one of the rare few that actually opens the steelbooks on here and redeems the digital codes (or maybe i'm just the first to report this) but while redeeming the codes I noticed some strange occurrences...

I started with the first Transformers movie. The digital code for Revenge of the Fallen was redeemed instead....so at this point i'm starting to panic...but continue redeeming the other codes.

Next I try, Dark of the Moon, and Transformers is redeemed instead, then finally redeem the code for Revenge of the Fallen, and Dark of the Moon code is redeemed. I didn't try Age of extinction yet because I already have it from a previous purchase.

In the end it all worked out for me because I had purchased all (well 1-3 anyway) the steelbooks. But I feel like if you had only purchased one of these and were intending to redeem the digital copy for the specific movie you might SOL.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

These types of issues do happen with digital codes.

I also open all of mine and redeem the codes.

Sometimes they are even packed and shipped without the codes completely.

If you have issues, you should contact the studio that released the movie, specifically, their UV email.

I did this for previous releases and they can usually fix everything for you that same day if you show them your proof of purchase via email.

The Captain
0 Kudos

Received mine today, while in the plastic they appeared to be perfect, sadly once opened, the flaws beamed so bright lol. Transformers has one dent on the front and age of Extinction is actually quite dinged up. Fallen and Moon are perfect. I reckon it was how they were shipped, all 4 loose in a box with a couple of those airbags, they should have been taped together or shrunk wrapped. Nice cases tho, I shall just think of them as battle damaged variants lol
Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@dVdsteve

Sorry to hear that, there's still stock online, so you should be able to get an exchange.

I find it strange that you had air filled bags, I've never received anything other than brown paper filler. I hope they're not changing filler.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

I do not think they because both my orders came in 2 seperate boxes with brown paper filler.  But maybe something happened during packaging and they had to change from brown paper filler to air filled bags. Smiley Happy

The Captain
0 Kudos

@Jacques1400, I haven't looked into exchanging then yet as it's usually a pain to exchange open movies. Sadly the deets didn't reveal themselves till they were opened. As for the airbag filler, pretty much every order I get from BB has been those things.
Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@dVdsteve

Agreed, open items can be a pain to exchange, but it all depends on the local store.

There are obvious reason's for that apprehension, but I'm sure if there's a problem, asking for the manager should resolve it for you. I've exchanged open items due to damage a few times over the years, it's hard to see through the cello times, specifically on Steelbooks with busy covers similar to Transformers.Smiley Wink

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I think it depends where it was shipped from. I've had the air bags and brown paper on multiple orders.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey.

Does anyone have any spine slashes on their Transformers steelbooks? If so, could I please trouble you for those order numbers. I would like to pass this along to logistics so people who handle steelbooks can be made aware of handling issues. If you have any photos, that would be very helpful. This info is for me to pass along to logistics, who deals with all the issues involved with shipping and handling, so the more examples the better. Please send this to me in a private message.

Thanks

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation