The Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: xXx: return of the xander cage Steelbook?

I like the original posted image way better then the new one. The new one is too cluttered.
The Captain
0 Kudos

So disappointed . The original artwork was so much better i think it obvious to anyone if you look at them side by side.i would love to know why they changed the artwork it don't make sense to me.
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

love1492 wrote:
So disappointed . The original artwork was so much better i think it obvious to anyone if you look at them side by side.i would love to know why they changed the artwork it don't make sense to me.

The new artwork is one of the final theatrical posters used this past January. The site I took it from says it was a UK one sheet, but I remember seeing this in Canada as well.

I believe the original placeholder cover was one of the teaser posters. So it's not like either choice was all that exciting or original.

That said, again, is there really a need to complain about not getting a steelbook for a film that virtually no one in North America bothered to watch ($44-million in NA versus $163-million in China ALONE) -- and then complaining again when we do get one, because they're not using the poster image you like more? Are we seriously never going to be happy?

Highlighted
The Captain
0 Kudos

I do agree that the movie was just ok but that is actually why and when they should be more pickey about the artwork. If they want us to buy steelbooks for just ok movies the artwork should be awesome lol.in my opinion at that point that is the only thing that will maybe make me buy a movie like that.
Epic Genius

Seems like this is going to be $29.99+tx on release day Smiley Happy

Checked the sku in the ad, and it's the steelbook edition!

xanders.jpg

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@Drum18

So will there be a correction notice saying that they applied the price to the wrong sku and the price will remain $36.99?

If the price really will be $29.99 starting this weekend, will those who have pre-ordered AUTOMATICALLY  have the $7.00 + tax refunded?

Or will they have to go begging for it from customer service...again?

And once again if you have to ask for the refund, and you don't ask for it, does that mean Best Buy gets to keep the money?  We're not talking about $2.00 this time.

Anybody want to monitor this situation and see how it goes?

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

When I read this @casey1985 and @Drum18 I thought they had lowered the price on the Best Buy steelbook page to $29.99 and I was going to preorder it. But it seems like it s still $36.99 on the Steelbook site http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/xxx-return-of-xander-cage-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-4k-ultra-hd... have not lowered the price. They are slick because they know if they lower the price on the steelbook page people will remove their previous preorder and reorder with the lower price and those who have not preordered it will be sure to order it at the 29.99 price; which I plan on doing. Also Drum18, I really love the red arrows on the flyer beautiful job!!! Smiley LOL 

Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

@casey1985

The system "should" automatically adjust to the lower price, but reality is that it won't, and you will need to request a price adjustment from customer service.

If your item ships prior to the release date, simply check the invoice in your account to verify if the adjustment was made.

I don't personally bother with a $1.00 difference, but anything higher I contact them.

I found it's best to wait for the actual release date, a call is immediate, or you can use the "Price Match Guarantee":

https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/secure/contact-us.aspx?icmp=HelpCentre_Hero_ContactUs

Corrected link, Thanks @casey1985

Agreed, it's not a price match, but it still goes to customer Service, and if you state that "This is a Pricing Adjustment Request" it will get actioned within a couple of days.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@Jacques1400

But I can't help wonder if there are people out there who don't pay attention to the fact that a steelbook price is sometimes lowered and so they never contact customer service for the price adjustment.

What happens then?

I'm guessing the customer misses out on the rebate and they end up paying full price.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.  Still have to wait and see if the price in the flyer is an error.

This is a 4K steelbook after all and $29.99 is low for such an item.  

That would usually be the price for the 4K without the steelbook.

Of course the fact that they still have stock available for pre-order could be the reason they have lowered the price (again if it's not an error) to $29.99.  

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

When I read this @casey1985 and @Drum18 I thought they had lowered the price on the Best Buy steelbook page to $29.99 and I was going to preorder it. But it seems like it s still $36.99 on the Steelbook site http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/xxx-return-of-xander-cage-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-4k-ultra-hd... have not lowered the price. They are slick because they know if they lower the price on the steelbook page people will remove their previous preorder and reorder with the lower price and those who have not preordered it will be sure to order it at the 29.99 price; which I plan on doing. Also Drum18, I really love the red arrows on the flyer beautiful job!!! Smiley LOL 

If it is indeed going to be $29.99 for release day, I'd imagine the price will change on the website as of Friday when all the deals in the flyer start. They wouldn't change it before then.

As for them automatically changing the price, there's no point in theorizing. You're going to have to call it in, pure and simple.