The Oracle
0 Kudos

xXx: return of the xander cage Steelbook?

@BBYTerence will BBYC getting xxx return of the xander cage steelbook? It's up for preorder on the bestbuy US site
Community Manager

Re: xXx: return of the xander cage Steelbook?

Hey @Leprekon.

I'll look into it now. Stay tuned . . .

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Thanks as the lack of steelbooks announcements/releases are dry
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Right now, I don't have anything about xXx: Return of Xander Cage on the most recent list I was given, but I've reached out to that team and I'm just waiting to hear back.

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Oracle

Hi @BBYTerence and @Leprekon,

At this time there has been no release date for the xXx: return of the xander cage Steelbook which may one reason Best Buy Canada has not released it on its steelbook update list. I hope this is some help.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xxx-return-of-xander-cage-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-4k-ultra-hd-bl...

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Well the 4K and bluray versions are on bestbuy.ca & have a 12/31/17 placeholder date. The update list doesn't get updated much in the first place and it's updated till February. we were told about other movies that had tba release dates.
Legendary Epic Genius

Leprekon wrote:
Well the 4K and bluray versions are on bestbuy.ca & have a 12/31/17 placeholder date. The update list doesn't get updated much in the first place and it's updated till February. we were told about other movies that had tba release dates.

Is there really that much demand for a sequel that's coming 15 years too late and nobody in North America bothered to see?

Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

You gotta know by now that if you took any 30 second commercial from television, put it on Blu-ray and stuck it in a Steelbook that somebody out there would buy it.

It's a Steelbook.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

casey1985 wrote:

You gotta know by now that if you took any 30 second commercial from television, put it on Blu-ray and stuck it in a Steelbook that somebody out there would buy it.

It's a Steelbook.

Your right @casey1985somebody out there would buy it on steelbook; that person will not be me. and I saw the movie @pikachuforever this is by no means a great movie. But you get what you expect. cheesy action, not so funny one liners, adequate characters, and a simple story; I do feel they went too "expendables" with the plot; everyone was a XXX agent. Hollywood does not seem to be even trying; I guess we will also see a steelbook for the movies GET OUT and THE GREAT WALL in the future. Smiley Frustrated

I am curious @casey1985 your comment ( if you took any 30 second commercial from television, put it on Blu-ray and stuck it in a Steelbook that somebody out there would buy it.) did make me think what factors help you and @pikachuforever determine what movies you will purchase on steelbook.

Purchasing Steelbooks for me is more about spending money on physical editions of movies that I love and if I am going to own a physical copy of a movie, I want it to be something more than just a disc in a blue piece of plastic. I do not even bother buying Blu-rays anymore unless they are they're in a Steelbook and only buy the movie if I really liked it in the movie theater which has been Marvel Studio titles, Star Wars, Disney and a few of the movies which I feel I will go back and watch again and again.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

casey1985 wrote:

It's a Steelbook.

I don't agree.  Best Buy Canada has tons of overstock in SteelBooks right now which is probably why they are gun shy about going down that road again.