Epic Genius

Re: xXx: return of the xander cage Steelbook?

[ Edited ]

@pikachuforever

Actually I don't believe that I was addressing Best Buy or @BBYTerence at all.  I was addressing members who post on this forum.  It is their opinions about the way Best Buy handles their Pre-order to release date billing that I was interested in.

That's my fault for not making that clearer earlier.

And Pre-order to release date billing was all that I was referring to as far as the Jungle goes.  I wasn't referring to the price AFTER the release date.  I was only comparing the 2 companies regarding this one policy.

That if you place an order before the release date of an item, and that price drops between the date that the order is placed and the date that the item is released that the Jungle will automatically adjust the price you are charged.

You don't have to monitor the price, or call them, or emal them, or fill out a form to get your adjustment. 

From what I have read from what others have posted, Best Buy claims that they do this automatically, and yet, by the opinions expressed here by others, most of the time they don't.

Which means that it is up to you to monitor the price.  Then if you want your price adjustment, it's up to you to contact the not always friendly customer service department to get your adjustment.

No the **competitor** doesn't have a price match policy.  And they don't have a 30 day price adjustment guarantee.  

But again that isn't what I was referring to.

OK I have my answer. It seems that most people don't have a problem with the way Best Buy handles this which surprises me.  This is all that I wanted to know.

I won't mention it again.

All is good. Smiley Happy

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

casey1985 wrote:

@pikachuforever

Actually I don't believe that I was addressing Best Buy or @BBYTerence at all.  I was addressing members who post on this forum.  It is their opinions about the way Best Buy handles their Pre-order to release date billing that I was interested in.

And Pre-order to release date billing was all that I was referring to as far as the Jungle goes.  I wasn't referring to the price AFTER the release date.  I was only comparing the 2 companies regarding this one policy.

That if you place an order before the release date of an item, and that price drops between the date that the order is placed and the date that the item is released that the Jungle will automatically adjust the price you are charged.

You don't have to monitor the price, or call them, or emal them, or fill out a form to get your adjustment. 

From what I have read from what others have posted, Best Buy claims that they do this automatically, and yet, by the opinions expressed here by others, most of the time they don't.

Which means that it is up to you to monitor the price.  Then if you want your price adjustment, it's up to you to contact the not always friendly customer service department to get your adjustment.

No the **competitor** doesn't have a price match policy.  And they don't have a 30 day price adjustment guarantee.  

OK I have my answer. It seems that most people don't have a problem with the way Best Buy handles this which surprises me.  This is all that I wanted to know.

Thanks for all the bolding. I felt stupid before, but needed the reassurance. Smiley Wink

Sarcasm aside, I only made my points to avoid @BBYTerence shutting down the conversation and directing you to talk to Customer Service -- which he has done multiple times for customer complaints like this.

Onto xXx -- has anyone who grabbed the steelbook seen it? Is it any good?

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@pikachuforever

Doesn't it come out on Tuesday?

Edit:  I just realized that I think you mean the actual movie...not the steelbook lol.

Luminary
0 Kudos

pikachuforever wrote:

casey1985 wrote:

@pikachuforever

Thanks for all the bolding. I felt stupid before, but needed the reassurance. Smiley Wink

Sarcasm aside, I only made my points to avoid @BBYTerence shutting down the conversation and directing you to talk to Customer Service -- which he has done multiple times for customer complaints like this.

Onto xXx -- has anyone who grabbed the steelbook seen it? Is it any good?

Hey @pikachuforever,

I am assuming you are referring to seeing the actual movie xXx- Return of Xander Cage. First off I have not preordered or grabbed the steelbook of this movie; but I did go to see it (this is just my opinion of the movie)  Hollywood does not seem to be even trying; this is by no means a great movie. But you get what you expect. cheesy action, not so funny one liners, adequate characters, and a simple story; I do feel they went too "expendables" with the plot; everyone was a XXX agent. Which may be one reason why I am waiting to see if they lower the price for preorders before I decide to purchase it.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

casey1985 wrote:

@pikachuforever

Doesn't it come out on Tuesday?

Edit:  I just realized that I think you mean the actual movie...not the steelbook lol.

I apologize for my phrasing -- I indeed was asking about the quality of the film.

And I figured it would play along those lines @bjmaxvin67. Wish it was worth resurrecting Xander Cage for.

Luminary

Just as a PSA, I pre ordered the XXX Steelbook at the higher price point of $36.99 and got free shipping on the order.

Checked today and the product has dropped to $29.99 as shown in the flyer, and I went to check my order and low and behold... the price dropped in my order to $29.99! And I still got free shipping! Smiley Happy

Finally, looks like the pre order price guarantee glitch is finally fixed! Smiley Very Happy

Luminary
0 Kudos

Thank You for the update @goofysuperman; I guess I will just preorder it and if I decide I do not want it just return the movie. Smiley Very Happy 

The Oracle
0 Kudos

I have promo code for $5 off but I also have a price protection thing showing up so I think I will have to call to get something fixed as the price shows with out the extra $5 off
Luminary
0 Kudos

@BBYTerence  Any early pics ?

Luminary

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Thank You for the update @goofysuperman; I guess I will just preorder it and if I decide I do not want it just return the movie. Smiley Very Happy 

No problem! 

One other thing I have noticed is that the 3D version of XXX: Return of Xander Cage has disappeared from all Canadian retailers! Smiley Surprised Not sure why it was pulled at the last minute but after reading reviews, I would almost prefer that version now over the 4K. The US is still getting the 3D Blu-ray, but not Canada. Smiley Sad