Scout
0 Kudos

But I just want my money back...

I'm in the middle of a rather unpleasant yet strangely interesting situation with BESTBUY Online.

On July 8th I went online looking to buy a new washer and drier.  After much research and comparing of prices I decided to by a pair here for $1400.00 before any taxes or shipping.  Before checkout the estimated shipping was $100.00, which seemed fair to me, so I continued to checkout.  Here, after inputting my address I was informed shipping, after taxes, would come to just under $170.00.  Slightly annoying, but still, barely, within the limits of reasonable in my mind, so I went ahead and placed the order.  The next day my credit card was billed the full and proper amount of just over $1700.00

A week later I was sent an email telling me that shipping was now going to cost $500.00 and would I please arrange a payment of about $330.00 to cover the difference.  While I can't speak for anyone else, this was not acceptable to me, so I called to cancel the order.  At first I was told that it would take 5-7 business days to process my cancelation request and another 3-5 business days for my back to reverse the charge on my card.  While I understand BESTBUY has no control over my bank's policies, I said that 5-7 days to cancel the order made no sense, especially since my order still hadn't even shipped.  After about half an hour on the phone, most of which was on hold, I was finally told that the order would in fact be cancelled immediately.  This was July 15th.

Today, July 18th I decided to check with BESTBUY online about my order status before calling my bank to see if I could speed up I the return of funds on their end.  Much to my surprise, when I checked my order history this particular order was still active, so I called BESTBUY to see if there was some sort of error or if something needed to be cleared up.  After 45 minutes and 5 transfers I was finally told that under no circumstances could I expect my order to be cancelled for at least another week, at which point my bank may take another week to refund my card.

The only reason I care about any of this is I need a new washing machine.  My current one is spilling water all over the floor with every cycle, and I have two young (4 and 6 years) sons, so going without a washing machine is not something I'm looking forward to.

If BESTBUY could take my money within 24 hours, why can it not cancel the order at least as quickly.  I need the funds cleared up on my credit card before I can go out and charge the cost of a new washing machine and drier with a retailer that will not try and charge me over 1/3rd of the cost of the purchase for shipping.  That process cannot begin until BESTBUY cancels an order that never even shipped.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: But I just want my money back...

Unfortunately no one here can help you, this is a customer service issue so you would have to contact them to have it dealt with

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hello.

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience and your bad experience. This forum is a peer-to-peer forum. The customer service department does not monitor or participate on the forum. All customer service issues get addressed by customer service. You can request for your issue to be escalated if you are unsatisfied with the level of service you have received thus far. I'm sure they would try their best and attempt to find a resolution.

The quickest way to escalate your issue would be to call them at 1-866-237-8289 and request that your specific case be escalated.

If you prefer to not contact them yourself, you can send me a private message providing me with your full name, email address, and your order number. I can then forward that along to customer service, and they will reach out to you, but keep in mind that might take a bit longer, as they most likely will not be able to respond instantaneously. To send me a private message, just (1) click on my name and then (2) click on the private message link.

Thanks.

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Scout
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I've already spent too much time talking with Customer Service reps.  I guess I just wanted to post this here in the hopes that maybe some entity within BESTBUY might read it and realize this policy could use some review as it has pretty much cost them future customers...

Highlighted
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Thank you for the honest feedback. Whether your feedback is positive of negative, we, the community team, appreciate your honest feedback. I can't promise any changes to the policy, as the community team on the forum has no authority over these matters.  We do regularly forward these types of forum discussions along to the relevant people because it is important that they be made aware of what is being discussed; they can use this info to make improvements moving forward.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation