Luminary
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Is the Price Watch functionality on bestbuy.ca down ?

[ Edited ]

@BBYLaura - I've been trying to access the Price Watch functionality on the bestbuy.ca website for the past 3-4 days and its still giving the following error:

Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.

The page may be temporarily unavailable or may no longer exist.

Can you check with the web support team if either 1. The functionality/page is temporarily down ... or 2. This feature is being removed permanently from bestbuy.ca ? 

Thanks for your time !

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Is the Price Watch functionality on bestbuy.ca down ?

[ Edited ]

hi there @equinox

What product are you trying to price watch for? I just tested it and it worked for me. Send me the product you're having trouble with and I will take a look at that.

cheers,

BBYLaura
Community Manager
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary
0 Kudos

Thanks @BBYLaura for the quick response ( it's greatly appreciated )

I'm having issues with 1. viewing my price watch list ... as well as 2. Adding new products into my price watch ( I've tried several items and it still bring me the same error )

The browsers I've tried are Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari ( on an iOS device ) and everytime I try to access my price watch list, it errors out and go to the following error page URL:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Errors/ErrorPage.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/marketing/pricewatcher.aspx

The message on the page is: 

Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.

The page may be temporarily unavailable or may no longer exist.

Community Manager

@equinox I got the error message a couple of times as well - I've reported this issue to the web team to investigate. I will let you know when i hear back.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

BBYLaura
Community Manager

Luminary

@BBYLaura - No apologies needed Smiley Wink ...   I just wanted to see if other bestbuy.ca users were experiencing the same issue and to get some details on if this was really a website issue or a feature that was being removed. Thanks again for having someone look into this 

Community Manager

Just an update - it looks to be working again @equinox! Give it a try and let me know if you have any trouble.

cheers,

BBYLaura
Community Manager

Luminary
0 Kudos

@BBYLaura - Thanks for the note. I just tried viewing and adding items to my Price Watch List and it's still showing the same error ( I used Internet Explorer and Chrome and both had the same result ). I might try creating a new bestbuy.ca account to see if the same issues persists

0 Kudos

Hello,

I apologize that you are still getting the same messgae. I have sent you a P.M asking for some info in order to send the info to out IT team, so that we can reset and/or correct the issue in your account.

Thanks

Misty

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi @equinox

The web team identified the issue, so you should now be able to add products to your price watch list. However, in their testing they had to purge your current list in order to fix the issue - sorry to say you'll have to go and re-add the products you were tracking!

Please give it a try and let me know if you have any further trouble.

cheers,

BBYLaura
Community Manager

Luminary

@BBYLaura @MistyM

Thanks to you both for the update and help and no worries on the Price List purge. I'll try the functionality shortly and will PM you both if there's still an issue

Take care and I hope you both have a good weekend