Highlighted
Legendary Hero of the Universe

Re: Purolator is the new shipping service?

There is a deliver to store option you just need to go instore to order it, Yes not as good as just having a button on the website but the option is there

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Luminary
0 Kudos

I find that Purolator is a better option for me than UPS. Unless things have changed with UPS, it's quite a pain to get anything from them if nobody is home and a package requires a signature. The depot for Toronto is across the city from where I live, and they want a couple of business days processing time if you want to pick up a package from them. Last time I went to do this, I waited 40 minutes and they eventually said they couldn't find my package the first time. There is a small UPS store close to me, but again, they said it would be a couple of business days to arrange to have it broght there AND that there would be a fee to have it brought to that store rather than the depot. The Purolator office may be a 25 minute walk for me and have terrible hours, but I still find it better than dealing with picking anything up from UPS.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

That's weird I ordered a couple CDs and they got shipped by Canada Post and out for delivery I hope today. Maybe depends on the item.

Edit: Lego Star Wars was shipped by Purolator so maybe it's video games only.  Any info on this @BBYBilly

Community Manager

Hey @Leprekon,

The transition to using Purolator during the possible Canada Post work stoppage began on June 20th, we're still transitioning orders so your CD order was still flagged for Canada Post by the sounds of it. Smiley Happy

Hope that helps answer your question. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

The Captain
0 Kudos

So I got my order from purolator today for my PS4 Lego Star Wars Deluxe Edition and the box came half crushed because they shipped in a bubble wrapper instead of a box.  

Unfortunately the game box was softcard board material and not plastic and the game is out of stock at all local bestbuys so I can't even exchange Smiley Sad

Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

I had to post this for a laugh.

I put in an order online for 2 steelbooks on Tuesday. 

Order Date: 28 Jun 2016, 07:53:33

Item Name Quantity  
The Daniel Craig Collection (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (Blu-ray) 1
Captain America: Winter Soldier (Bilingual) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (3D Blu-ray) (2014) 1

The website showed that the items would begin to arrive on Thursday June 30th.

Quite often I get my orders delivered to me a day early so I checked the tracking number Wednesday morning and sure enough it showed that it was indeed going to be delivered Wednesday (a day early)

So I waited around all day because I didn't want to miss the delivery or I would have to go pick it up at wherever the Purolator dropoff is (it's 3 towns away from me) and for the record I will never do that.

So 4:15 in the afternoon rolls around and still no delivery and I have places I need to go to.

I decide to check the tracking number again and this is the update I see

Package Status

Package Tracking Number: JFV********* (my edit)

Attention
Estimated Time of Delivery
By Thursday, June 30, 2016
Weather delay - service will resume weather permitting

Service
Purolator Ground
Est. Shipment Weight
2 lb.
Shipment Date
Jun 28, 2016

History

Date Local Time City Description
Jun 29, 2016 12:47 p.m.  (my delete) Weather delay - service will resume weather permitting
Jun 29, 2016 8:21 a.m.  (my delete) On vehicle for delivery
Jun 28, 2016 10:11 p.m. Toronto Sort Ctr/ctr Tri, ON Arrived at sort facility
Jun 28, 2016 10:10 p.m. Toronto Sort Ctr/ctr Tri, ON Picked up by Purolator

So it was on the vehicle for delivery at 8:21 a.m. and then 4+ hours later service is disrupted by a weather delay.

WEATHER DELAY?  IT WAS 26 DEGREES CELSIUS AND SUNNY ALL DAY!!!!!!!!

What? Was it too warm?  Not warm enough?  Too bright to drive?

I will now be waiting at home all day Thursday for 2 steelbooks that are being delivered in an unpadded plastic bag.

I know this because I received a delivery of 3 Mondo X steelbooks from Purolator on Monday in an unpadded plastic bag that I had to return to the store because all 3 items were dented. 

I usually order steelbooks in 3's because they are usually delivered in the nice small box.  Sometimes in a cardboard mailer which usually results in the steelbooks being scratched up.  Yes even the Mondo X steelbooks with the platic slipcovers for added protection arrive scratched up when shipped in a cardboard mailer.  

But enough about steelbooks.  I've ranted about that in the past.

Anyway I only posted this for a laugh.  I'll survive. Smiley Happy

Weather delay - service will resume weather permitting.

I think I'm going to use that phrase in all situations in life from now on.

I'm sorry there's a weather delay - service will resume weather permitting.

Luminary

I got a weather delay too for my Lego the force awakens too, so maybe our boxes are on that same truck that must have hit a freak localized snowstorm.
Epic Genius
0 Kudos

UPDATE

23 hours and 55 minutes after it was first on a vehicle for delivery it is still on a vehicle for delivery

History

Jun 30, 2016 8:16 a.m. (deleted) On vehicle for delivery
Jun 29, 2016 12:47 p.m. (deleted) Weather delay - service will resume weather permitting
Jun 29, 2016 8:21 a.m. (deleted) On vehicle for delivery

Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

Latest update in this ongoing saga.  So Much Irony.

I stayed home all day Thursday waiting for my Puorlator delivery while at the same time I missed the in store VIP sale.

The in store prices that were too low to be advertised.

That's right.  I missed the VIP sale at Best Buy because I was waiting for a delivery through Purolator from...Best Buy.

I will also mention that I have a working doorbell.  I can also hear if somebody knocks on my door.

Here is the latest from Purolator:

Package Status

Package Tracking Number: JFV**********

Attention
Estimated Time of Delivery
By Monday, July 4, 2016
Delayed due to missed delivery

Service
Purolator Ground
Est. Shipment Weight
2 lb.
Shipment Date
Jun 28, 2016

History

Jun 30, 2016 6:07 p.m. deleted Delayed due to missed delivery
Jun 30, 2016 8:16 a.m. deleted On vehicle for delivery
Jun 29, 2016 12:47 p.m. deleted Weather delay - service will resume weather permitting
Jun 29, 2016 8:21 a.m. deleted On vehicle for delivery

We haven't had a Canada Post delivery service disruption yet and yet my delivery service has already been disrupted.

Stay tuned for Episode IV: A New Hope (that it will be delivered on Monday July 4th.)

Or will my package just declare its own Independence Day: Reemergence?

Pioneer
0 Kudos

At least you're getting updates. Lego Star Wars shipped Tuesday afternoon, had a label made Wednesday morning, and has since apparently disappeared into a black hole cause there hasn't been any change since. The tracking number is pretty much useless, it doesn't even say when it might show up.Not a good first impression of these guys.