Pioneer
0 Kudos

Stay clear of Geek Squad insurance

The geek squad customer service call centre has got to be the worst out there! After spending several hours on the phone I went to look it up online and sure enough, the Customer Service is rated 1 out of 5 on Consumer affairs. Not shocking.

I called last April to cancel my insurance. After audting my visa bills (yes took me a while - my fault)  I realized that they had continued to charge me regardless. I called the call center and they had no notes on file whatsoever. They said they would have to go into the archives and pull the call record, it would take two days - I gave them the date and time. They called me two days later and said they had nothing on file for that time or number. 

A week later, dissapointed by the customer service, I spoke to Supervisor Kate in the call center, she reassured me that if I went in store with a cell phone bill to prove I had a call, get them to call her in the call center, she would put a note on my account to please pay. I went and did all of this, after speaking with 3 best buy agents at the store someone FINALLY called her number.

When I phoned today to follow up, someone else (Supervisor Kate was conveniently too busy to speak to me again to follow up) the story changed. They are now going to look for that call (AGAIN) but this time they quoted me two weeks to do so. How could I be quoted two days, and now two weeks? Talk about the complete run around. They just keep pushing it to avoid having to fix their mistake.

The extensiveness of having to beg them to believe I had call records showing a call I had put in that day is atrocious. What type of customer service does this? I get having to verify it but honestly, it's 2017, provide a email to submit. Having to go in store is a HUGE inconvenience.

So now I am supposed to sit and wait for TWO WEEKS to see if they can pull up the file. Regardles off the fact that they have all ready did this and called back pretending they had searched after two days. Why was the first time quoted 2 days, and now it has changed to two weeks? Suspicious dont you think?

Anyways, at this point Im pretty sure I will just be brushed off again. Who knows what the excuse is now? I can't believe we have companies in canada offering this level of Customer Service, Truely disgusting. Two weeks to pull up a phone record that they couldnt the first time, then travelling to an instore location, will update in two weeks.

DO NOT BUY GEEK SQUAD INSURANCE. BE WARNED.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Stay clear of Geek Squad insurance

Hey, @DLasquite.

Sorry to read about your experience. I know you have already had discussions with customer service and with individuals in-store, but I have taken the liberty of forwarding and escalating the issue you described to one of the teams in customer service. I have given them the email you provided in your forum profile.

Feel free to private message me if you have any other questions about coordinating and communicating with customer service.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. With the exception of announcements that I'm instructed to post, the majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Pioneer
0 Kudos

I hope this isn't the same "Customer Service" as the geek squads outsourced embarassment of a call centre.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

I wouldn't know which team you specifically dealt with, but I always forward everything to one point of contact (a specific team) at the head office.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. With the exception of announcements that I'm instructed to post, the majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

cls
Scout
0 Kudos

Hello,

Although I was able to get ahold of Geek Squad the solution was exceptionally disappointing and I regret having been talked into the Geek squad protection plan for my iphone.  Best Buy will replace my phone, however, I either have to mail my old phone back to them and then wait for them to mail me a new phone, could take a week or more, or I can pay the full cost of a replacement phone ($735) which they will then mail to me and they will refund me my money once I mail my old phone back!  Why can't I just return my old phone to a store and receive a new phone with no holdong cost or no delay like Apple Care does?  Apple would also assist me with the set up of my new phone.  Best Buy will if I come into a store, after all the mailing back and forth of phones!!  Ridiculous and poor service for the cost.  

Community Manager
0 Kudos

I'm sorry to read that you had a poor experience. This is a peer-to-peer forum, so customer service will not and does not monitor or participate on the forum.

The community team on the forum can't resolve these issues or take action on any sort of resolution, but we will pass along these conversations that are posted on the forum so that the relevant people can be made aware of customers' pain points. This will help them make improvements moving forward.

If your intention is to address customer service directly and formally, the best thing to do is to give them a call at 1-866-237-8289 and request that your issue be escalated if you are disatisfied with the level of service you have received thus far. 

Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Highlighted
Legendary Hero of the Universe

[ Edited ]

We have Apple care on many of our Iphones and even apple care you have to send it away and wait for a replacement to come back, also its usually always a Refurbished phone you receive back and not a New one

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Luminary

what @Drax86 is true. If you check out the Apple canadian legal terms coverage on Iphones Section 6.1 (i) " store may send the Covered Equipment to an Apple repair service (“ARS”) site for service. Once you are notified that service is complete, you will promptly retrieve the Covered Equipment." Also section 3.2 (i) repair the defect using new or refurbished parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability,