JP1
Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Terrible Customer Service

This has been an ongoing issue with this particular location (Fairway Rd in Kitchener, ON).  Line ups to cash out are generally always long, and there is never more than one or two cashiers there at a time.  But this weekend was the breaking point, making me really consider if I want to continue shopping here.

Went to the store to buy two items.  Found one right away, the other one was out of stock (not a big deal, it happens, and the sales people on the floor were very helpful).  Went to cash out, there was only one cash open (side note, the store is being renovated so the whole area is a mess).  There was only one customer at the cash, and then I was next.  This customer was apparently returning something, which is apparently a very long process (and yes this was happening at the regular cash register, not the return desk)?  Didn't help that the customer was being pretty rude to the cashier.  Now up to this point, things are fine, I work in customer service so I get that sometimes these situations arise.  My issue is, that while I am standing there for approximately 10-15 mins, and a line up starts to form behind me, at least 5 different employees were in the cash area, saw the line up, saw how annoyed many of the customers were getting, and NO ONE hopped on a cash register?!?!  Finally I think the cashier realized how angry some of the people behind me were getting and called for help.  At which point another male cashier came over, looking very annoyed that he had to be pulled away from whatever important task he was doing to SERVE YOUR CUSTOMERS.  Since I was next in line I approached his register, only to be told (pretty rudely) that since I was paying cash, he couldn't help me and I would have to go back and wait for the other cashier......... At this point I placed my items on the counter and walked out to take my business elsewhere.

I would have gone immediately to another company, but I had a gift card I wanted to use up, so I looked online to see if my out of stock item was available at the Waterloo location, which it apparently was.  So I reserved it online, got the confirmation email, and started driving towards Waterloo.  Halfway there I get a phone call saying there was a "glitch" and my item wasn't actually in stock.

At this point I gave up and went somewhere else.  And for the record, I was able to walk in and buy both items immediately with no hassle.

I am not usually one to complain, in fact generally when things like this start happening I simply take my business elsewhere.  However since you merged with Future Shop there aren't many other options.  I wish you had taken some pointers from Future Shop, because their customer service was always considerably better than Best Buy's.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Terrible Customer Service

Did you bring your issues up to the manager?  No one here can help you with your complaint this is a Peer to Peer forum

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

JP1
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Sorry, guess I should have looked a little closer at what this board was.  Was trying to find a link for customer service on the website (and of course there was none), and saw other similar posts on here so I thought maybe somone at Best Buy was monitoring this forum.

My apologies.

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Bummer to hear about your experiences @JP1 .

I agree with @Drax86, if you could bring those concerns to the store manager, it would certainly help to improve staffing and quality of service.

Although I understand any apprehension in returning to that Best Buy location, I would encourage you to find any older receipts from that location. At the bottom of the receipts, there are instructions to submit any comments in an on-line short survey. 

This survey will be specific to the store you attended, the store's management staff as well as CHQ management, will see it, and address it accordingly.

By filling out the survey, it will give you an excellant chance of winning up to $1000 for any comments made, per survey filled out.

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

JP1
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Thank you, I will do that.