Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Wasting customer's time

I recently visited your Markville Mall location to purchase a game for the Nintendo Switch. There were several boxes in the display for the title I wanted so I took the obviously empty game box to the checkout. There I had to wait in line (along with several other customers that were buying things you can't just pick up and bring to the checkout yourself) while someone got a key to open a cage filled with games. As they searched through what looked like games stacked on top of other games from other systems in no particular order, they informed me they didn't seem to have that title. To which I replied "then why do you have empty boxes on the shelves for games you don't have in stock"? An employee told me that the manufacturers pay to have those games displayed as promotional items. Like they have boxes of Switch consoles but don't actually have any in stock.

How hard is it to keep track of your inventory and when you're out of something put up appropriate signage to let customers know you're out of stock. Don't waste our time looking around your store, to find what we want to then wait in line to find out you've been duped. I went to **competitor**, walked into their store saw the game on the shelf and then bought it. See how easy that was?

Customer Service is dead, you don't care that you lost my business. No one tried to bend over backwards for me to make things right. If you knew how much money I've spent at Future Shop (R.I.P) and Best Buy over the past 20+ years you'd have hired a limo and drove me to the nearest store that had it in stock to buy the game. 

You lose. I got what I wanted and know where to take my business in the future.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Wasting customer's time

Hello.

Sorry to read about your experience in-store. Thank you for your honest feedback, however, this forum is peer-to-peer discussion, so you are unable to address the customer service department directly on the forum. If you would like, I would be happy to give you the best options to get in touch with customer service if you would like to formally have your concerns escalated. Just send me a private message with your name and email if you would like me to do so. Whether positive or negative, the community team on the forum and I appreciate your honest feedback, and we often pass these forum conversations along to the relevant people so that they are aware of any improvements they should consider moving forward.

Thanks.

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation