Highlighted
Pioneer
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Return window from purchase or delivery date

I purchased a TV on 11/20 and delivery+set up was scheduled  on 12/21. Return period for TVs is 30 days? The day I received my TV was already past the 30 day period if counting from the day I placed my order. This doesnt seem fair to me at all. Also, when geek squad came in to install the TV, I told them I would like to keep the box but I didn't notice that they took the box with them when they left. I tried to contact store I placed my order(because I don't have the driver's nyumber), no one answered ( I called many times). Then I decided to call geek squad toll free number, the lady tried to contact the driver and told me no one answered so she left a message asking them to call me back. I waited 30 mins. NOTHING. So I called the toll free number again, the agent tried to contact the driver again still no luck. He said he could transfer me to my local store. I told him I tried but no one ever picked up the phone. He said he could transfer me directy to the manager which he did. Well, guess what... still no one answered!! I was hoping the driver would contact me the next day when he got the voice messages those two agent left. NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. I really don't know what to do without the box if I'd like to return the TV since some default app like youtube keep freezing(showing a grey screen). Help me please...

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Return window from purchase or delivery date

What you might want to try before returning it is see if the tv has any updates and have it download and install them and see if that fixes some of the issues.

Also I believe the return period is based on the day you receive the item, if you wish to return it you could take it back to the store without the box and just tell them that the box was never left when it got set up

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Pioneer
0 Kudos

I did make sure it has the latest firmware. It's going to be tough to bring this 65" TV back to the store without the box. I'm just afraid that they would not accept it without its original package.

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the Best Buy Community Plug-in forum @ZendlesS Smiley Happy

The return period is 30 days from the date which you received the TV, not from the date which it was ordered.

As for the You Tube issue, Knowing that you alrady performed a firmware update, you may also want to check the wi-fi signal strength at the TV, or connect the TV to your router using an Ethernet connection cable.  In many cases using a PowerLine system will provide better results than Wi-Fi. 

Sorry to hear about the TV box issue, it's standard procedure for the Geek squad to dispose of empty boxes, I realize that you specifically asked to keep the box, but possibly the Geek Squad agent forgot and proceeded with his standard of procedures.

If at all possible, can you visit the store and ask the Manager on Duty, or the staff at the customer service desk, to help you find another box? I am sure that they will do everything to help you with this predicament.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Thank you @Elico47for all the useful info. I went back to the store the same day my box was taken. One of the sales was really nice and explained my situation to the manager for me and told me it would not be a problem if I decided to return the TV. I never got to talk to the manager though. I guess he was just too busy. They even offered to call me if they ever have a box for me(they checked that day but no luck). Even if they found a box for me I could not take a 65" TV box home with my sedan anywayz, that's why I needed them to deliver the TV in the first place. I can't image how I'm going to bring the TV back if I ever decided to return it. Delivering it without a box definitely makes the situation even worse.

My TV internet connection is wired all the time. The Geek squad had the same grey screen problem when they first turned on my TV to test everything. It only happened when they tried to open youtube. They had to unplug the TV to reset it then it was normal again. They told me they've never seen this kind of problem before. I didnt think it would be a big problem since it was ok after rebooting. But the same problem came back a few days after

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Hi @ZendlesS, I am glad to hear that you got some help from the store staff regarding an empty box for your TV.

I am confident that if you also left your contact information, they will call you with the good news when one is found.

I understand the limitations of a sedan, especially when it comes to large TV panels. Smiley Frustrated

I have also have no doubt that the store's staff will find a way to have it delivered to your door by the Geek Squad, if needed. Smiley Happy

Maybe @BBYLaura can escalate this for you with Customer Service Smiley Wink

You can send her a Private Message with details about make and model of the TV and from which store it was purchased.

Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Hi @Elico47 Thank you again for all your help. The staff was really nice and tried his best to help me. I did left all my contact info. I hope I will hear from him soon. I will head to the store again in a week if I don't hear anything from him. At least I feel safer now after knowing you guys would try to help me out with the box and delivery issues. Since the return window started from the day I received my TV which is Dec. 21, I still have some time to hopefully fix the problem. Thank you for the offer to escalate this issue. I think I will hold this option for now. You guys must be crazy busy lately. Thank you so much again for your time.  I will definitely send her a message if needed.