Scout
0 Kudos

TV Repair

I got a sharp 32 inch 1080P TV. It is sold from bestbuy only. I called the customer service, and they said bestbuy would send me an email in 72-96 hours about the repair. Just wondering what is the normal process? Can't I just take it to the store instead? BTW it is under warranty, but I lost the receipt. The service guy helped me set up a repir over the phone.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: TV Repair

How old is it? you may have to contact Sharp directly to start a warranty claim, some brands best buy can start the warranty claim on your behalf, but other you have to contact the manufacture yourself.  If you don't have a reciept then the warranty period would be determined by the serial number

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Hi there - does your TV have Geek Squad Protection?

if not you will need to contact Sharp directly and have them facilitate the warranty repair as we are not able to on your behalf.

If you do have Geek Squad Protection, then you can call 1-800-433-5778 and we can facilitate the repair for you.

Regards
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

It sounds like Best Buy started the warranty claim on his behalf.

0 Kudos

I am confused on that a bit too, it sounds like they didnt but then at the end it sounds like they did. 

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Sounds like he lost his receipt but it is under warranty.

A BB rep found his receipt and initiated the warranty repair which is through BB.  They probably requested an RMA for him and once they receive it from the manufacturer, they will ask him to bring in his TV.

Scout
0 Kudos

Thanks all, I have called 18662378259 thousands of times, I even gave them a different email address. They kept telling me will resend me an email that I can bring my TV with to one of the BEST buy stores for the repair. But I never got the email, I called on Aug 3rd again, and I am still waiting. Here is the case number#200496517. Very frustrated and don't know what to do except waiting the email.

0 Kudos

have you checked your spam/junk folders?