Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Any plans for a Gamers Club like Best Buy USA

[ Edited ]

Any plans for a Gamers Club like Best Buy USA offers? I currently take advantage of **competitor** **loyalty program** for the discount but would much prefer to deal with Best Buy instead of Amazons poor service. Would love to see BB bring that same program and discount to Canada!

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Any plans for a Gamers Club like Best Buy USA

Hey!

Thanks for the feedback. The community team on the forum is not responsbile for putting together these types of loyalty programs, but I will definitely pass your comments along to all the people involved with Gamers Club.

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Hi, I would also like to put in a request to have this program for Canada. **competitor** Prime recently reduced it's 20% off for game pre-orders to 10%. I am looking for an alternate place to preorder games. I heard about the Gamers Club Unlocked program for Best Buy, but was disappointed to hear it was only for the US. Please bring it to Canada.

Legendary Oracle

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Gamers Club Unlocked in Canada. The fact that competition lowered their Prime rebate from 20% to 10% even if a subscription fee was charged kind of prooves that this 20% off is not a viable business solution for them. Competition, which is a online only business thought it grabbed too much of their profit... imagine a company who not only has an online presence but also a lot of physical locations to support... 

I'd settle for a better Reward system allowing Online purchases instead of in-store only. 

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Margins are extremely slim on products like games and movies.  That's why almost all retailers have the same price.

If you want to make money you have to be selling more than just games and movies -- like maybe luggage and guitars! Smiley Happy

... and SteelBooks!

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Well you see the issue is at least the Americans have a fall back plan: Gamer Club Unlocked....WE DON'T!!! They still get 20% off for preorders at the "competitor", just not on released games! Again, as Canadians, we are getting the shaft and cannot do anything about it, except take it as usual....I'm sick of paying more and getting less for my money, Netflix is a good example!